Back up at the shoot

23 minutes ago, David.evans said:

You having turkey for Sunday lunch then stav 

Almost, there was a few times when you were just about to take a shot and a big turkey head would fill the scope ?

• Haha 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Good stuff but needs better presentation of those bunnies for a pic ....very amateurish ?????

I’m no David Bailey and at 2 in the morning, still having to unzip a few so Longshanx’s mate can feed his dogs I couldn’t be arsed lining them out, I’d of liked to take a picture of everything but once there’s 10-15 in the game bag it’s backbreaking walking back and forwards to the motor

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Stavross said:

To be honest I didn’t notice any difference with them ( apart from the price on the box, £97 for 200 ?) we had Winchester HV’s and Hornady and they all grouped pretty similar, we used a lot more of the A17’s just because he doesn’t pay for them, the estate does

Thanks for that! :thumbs:

49 minutes ago, Stavross said:

To be honest I didn’t notice any difference with them ( apart from the price on the box, £97 for 200 ?) we had Winchester HV’s and Hornady and they all grouped pretty similar, we used a lot more of the A17’s just because he doesn’t pay for them, the estate does

Cripes, i though stuff was supposed to be cheaper up north. They’re £72/200 here.

10B95CC2-E3ED-4A8E-BAB1-692185FC4096.png

Just now, Dervburner said:

Cripes, i though stuff was supposed to be cheaper up north. They’re £72/200 here.

There’s nothing cheap at the place that supplies there ammo, I was in there last week and he was trying to sell me some food grade tin ammo for the .243 at 64 quid for 20 ?

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Where are you, any idea who stocks these, none advertised close to me!    Are they just 200 boxes or are 50 available?

Cheers

Just now, Deker said:

Where are you, any idea who stocks these, none advertised close to me!    Are they just 200 boxes or are 50 available?

Cheers

These are at livens, Burton on Trent. They’re in boxes of 200 but they will split them into 50’s if that’s what you want.?

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’m no David Bailey and at 2 in the morning, still having to unzip a few so Longshanx’s mate can feed his dogs I couldn’t be arsed lining them out, I’d of liked to take a picture of everything but once there’s 10-15 in the game bag it’s backbreaking walking back and forwards to the motor

It's my OCD mate , even line up the rats ?

Back breaking I know done it many a time ?

20200411_104312.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
19 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

These are at livens, Burton on Trent. They’re in boxes of 200 but they will split them into 50’s if that’s what you want.?

Thanks, but that's still a bit of a trek for me, I actually got my last .223 from them, I'm in Reading.

I need to search around a bit more.

Cheers

• Like 1

A lovely early evening so having a bit of time on my hands I thought I’d have a look for a buck for an hour or so, there’s loads of young hares about. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank the queen for giving me the time to get out for a look about, cheers Liz ? wish me luck ?

66CD9FC4-42B5-4E58-9F24-CE44AB13F670.jpeg

6C1CB0F1-3BFE-434F-ADE2-3BC8999F7653.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Well now my boy my life ,il stick to Norma subs in .22 lr at 4.95 a box of 50 from Garlands. 

?200 rounds for 97 quid the estate manager has expensive tastes ?.

As a half jock nearly 50p a bunny would have me sweating ??️?

And .243  I use hornady whitetail which were 26 a box but I'm afraid to ask now ?

19 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Well now my boy my life ,il stick to Norma subs in .22 lr at 4.95 a box of 50 from Garlands. 

?200 rounds for 97 quid the estate manager has expensive tastes ?.

As a half jock nearly 50p a bunny would have me sweating ??️?

And .243  I use hornady whitetail which were 26 a box but I'm afraid to ask now ?

I’ve always use hornady white tail in my .243 but the last batch I bought never grouped in my rifle they were all over went to sako game head much better ammo

• Like 1