Back up at the shoot

4 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

How do you suggest finding them when all the fields are 4ft tall rape and wheat ?

Dunno if it just online, but you come across like a right prick at times.

• Haha 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Dunno if it just online, but you come across like a right prick at times.

Just like you ? The thing with me is mate I am honest and just dont post statements that are the usual bullshit.

If I knew where the Cubs were I would sort them but it's not my permission and it's a new bit of ground my mate has got.

All the fields are literally 4ft tall rape and wheat .

The vixen was dry now so possibly the Cubs may forage for themselves..who knows.

People like to use the statement "sort the Cubs " but is not always possible ..what if the litter is not on your permission?

So wind your neck in and shag some sheep.. Idiot ?

26 minutes ago, Daniel cain said:

You not got access to a dog that marks,lurcher/terrier etc...find them everytime...I had a call Sunday morning,farmer had shot the dog and vixen night before.....asked me to have a wander,found the earth and I regrettably dispatched the 4 cubs?DSC_1853.JPG.a4fa230dc28f610b1c9b4f29267cc7ae.JPG

You're welcome to come and have a look? ?

6 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

How do you suggest finding them when all the fields are 4ft tall rape and wheat ?

I doubt very much if the den will be in either of those fields , maybe on the edge of the headlands 

this is why I don’t shoot fox at this time of year 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

You not got access to a dog that marks,lurcher/terrier etc...find them everytime...I had a call Sunday morning,farmer had shot the dog and vixen night before.....asked me to have a wander,found the earth and I regrettably dispatched the 4 cubs?DSC_1853.JPG.a4fa230dc28f610b1c9b4f29267cc7ae.JPG

I can vouch for this gent as honest as they come. If you get the chance of him and his dogs you will be very happy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
8 minutes ago, David.evans said:

this is why I don’t shoot fox at this time of year 

So bollocks to all the ground nesting birds then eh ?

I like to think I am still protecting our Curlews , Lapwing and Grey Partridge ?

4 minutes ago, David.evans said:

At the very least get off the key board and go and have a really good look with your mate on his new permission it’s all part of been a responsible person 

just to add nobody said bollocks to ground nesters 

My mate is there now having a look with his dogs ?

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

The thing with me is mate

I'm not getting into a slagging match as that's always a bit pathetic, but for the record, I sure as hell ain't your mate. 

• Haha 2