Back up at the shoot

3 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Thought I’d give it an hour laid in the field with the sheeps, hopefully something shows, if not it’s a nice evening listening to the birds ?

8A0D3CF4-D854-4B00-9E1D-20F6DC14F1F5.jpeg

DC431173-6968-4E75-A6E7-910755D11D3C.jpeg

Ffs are you shooting or having a picnic??? 

• Haha 3

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Thought I’d give it an hour laid in the field with the sheeps, hopefully something shows, if not it’s a nice evening listening to the birds ?

8A0D3CF4-D854-4B00-9E1D-20F6DC14F1F5.jpeg

DC431173-6968-4E75-A6E7-910755D11D3C.jpeg

“Foxtrot Oscar “ worst look at my new bipod post ever! ?

• Haha 2

So just as the light was fading I could see a small ginger walking across the field towards the the cat food, although I was starting to lose the light I could still see it clear as day through the wraith on day/colour mode, when it reached the area I wanted it in with a good backstop I put the single red dot on it, it stopped and then moved further up the field, luckily it stopped again side on giving me enough time to get the red dot just above the left leg and down it went. By the size of it I was convinced it was a vixen so waited it out to see if there was a follower, giving it 40 minutes I called it a night, I paced it out at a 167 paces, so I’m guessing at a little over 150 yards, it turned out to be a small dog ?

FD057CE3-EB88-4D9B-9EE1-C9B2969DD263.jpeg

• Like 9

I got a phone call from little Hugo’s dad earlier asking if we could get out for a bit, not wanting to be out late I said we’d go and chuck a few rounds at the fox target, so we headed for the back garden of the bloke who has the helicopter. Setting the fox target at 134 yards ( full length of the back garden) we spent an hour chucking a few at it, letting the rifle cool after a few shots, it’s safe to say there’s no challenge in shooting the .243 at that distance, hitting the target every time apart from once, even Hugo’s dad didn’t fail to kill it every time, shame he can’t do it when it’s a bag of blood and bones, not just a metal target, as we were waiting for the rifle to cool a cheeky pigeon landed next to the target, so it would of been rude not to ? Hugo’s dad also brought an air rifle he’s just bought for shooting pigeons out the sheds, my god what a load of sh*t, a co2 ratcatcher, I didn’t want to break his heart ( because he loved it ) but I wouldn’t be shooting anything living with that

123ED146-4BA5-4F0B-9FD1-F65F99AC05BB.jpeg

ACD56B62-AA75-4C72-968C-AD0B1F8D120E.jpeg

C7FF22B2-5ADE-4A93-9472-3B42F94ACB2A.jpeg

1DB31040-0708-4427-90CC-82C557B30671.jpeg

6F90CC5A-7951-4CD2-8B04-9D3AA04D7B8A.jpeg

A14F0CDD-ABFF-4B24-9FF9-E9F4B842531D.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 4

My mate got a call yesterday to see if he could get a hen killer at the Hall near him .So off we went and got set up but after an hour calling nothing showed.

So we decided to head to another spot where a pair had been seen and the farmer wants them gone. On the way there we passed this field crammed with cows....talk about overcrowding ?

Cub call playing and a vixen screamed into the caller and made a swift exit via the hedge to the left ? I kept scanning with the thermal and spotted it sitting behind a gate at the bottom of the field , my mate shot it with his C50....1st fox shot with his new set up C50 and Tikka 22/250 ?

Less than a minute later and the dog fox was hanging around his deceased mate...another shot and over he went. On going to pick them up though only the vixen was lying there, couldnt believe it that the dog must have dragged himself into the rape field at the side of them ? so the pair shot but only 1 picked ....he will have a search tonight with the dogs.

20220522_192425.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

How do you suggest finding them when all the fields are 4ft tall rape and wheat ?

You not got access to a dog that marks,lurcher/terrier etc...find them everytime...I had a call Sunday morning,farmer had shot the dog and vixen night before.....asked me to have a wander,found the earth and I regrettably dispatched the 4 cubs?DSC_1853.JPG.a4fa230dc28f610b1c9b4f29267cc7ae.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2