Back up at the shoot

17 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

Sounds like you’ve got a good thing going on there and I have driven past your shoot it’s a stunning part of the country and your right the networking side of it opens up a lot of opportunities, I used to be a regular hunt follower I had ratting invites more digging than I could handle shooting opportunity’s you name it, I turned my back on it all because I new if I carried on following that particular hunt I would have been arrested for assault it was continuously plagued with hunt saboteurs every meet.

I hardly see anyone now, I must admit sometimes it would be handy to have some one to hold the lamp ?but the constant chatter the smoking I’ve had it all in the past and it drives me nuts.

Looking at your prices it wouldn’t be unreasonable to up the rates the syndicate sound like there having a result. 

It’s what it’s all about, I’ve met a lot of good people through been able to take them shooting ( and some knobheads )and some of them have become good mates, if you come as my guest it won’t cost you anything because I’m in a position to let people shoot in my place, I’ve been to cracking places shooting with people returning the favour, 

I would of thought the fees will have to go up next season but at the minute it looks like there’s enough money in the kitty to cover this year, even if it went to 80/90 a day you still can’t buy shooting where we are for that money ?

• Like 3

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It’s what it’s all about, I’ve met a lot of good people through been able to take them shooting ( and some knobheads )and some of them have become good mates, if you come as my guest it won’t cost you anything because I’m in a position to let people shoot in my place, I’ve been to cracking places shooting with people returning the favour, 

I would of thought the fees will have to go up next season but at the minute it looks like there’s enough money in the kitty to cover this year, even if it went to 80/90 a day you still can’t buy shooting where we are for that money ?

Who became good mates, the good people or the knobheads ? ?

Seriously though, it seems like you’re doing a cracking job up there and offering some good affordable shooting. Well done?

• Like 2
4 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

I hardly see anyone now, I must admit sometimes it would be handy to have some one to hold the lamp ?but the constant chatter the smoking I’ve had it all in the past and it drives me nuts.

Never a truer word said ? Going solo you get to come and go as you please and do what you want and its quieter.

Lamped with lots of people over the years ...good times but also annoying times like when they want to go home early or not ready when you come to pick them up. I used to pick a mate up and on arrival he would go in the bath ffs ?

Solo is definitely the best option by far ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Grab the £400 mate. I have been involved with a lot of shoots over the years ....beating and shooting but realised I would much rather be mooching about on my own than listen to a lot of the cr*p you hear.

I am out shooting 52 weeks of the year, dont know how these guys only get out on 8 pheasant shoots a year .

I am in a little syndicate and most of the lads in it including me do a lot more shooting than just the pheasants and partridges. I also shoot fox, pigeon, crows etc on the same ground as the pheasants. I am in two wildfowling clubs plus I have a pile of other ground to shoot over.

• Like 5
Just now, ianm said:

I am in a little syndicate and most of the lads in it including me do a lot more shooting than just the pheasants and partridges. I also shoot fox, pigeon, crows etc on the same ground as the pheasants. I am in two wildfowling clubs plus I have a pile of other ground to shoot over.

Great stuff ?

But cant be arsed to shoot the deer ??

I run a small shoot 600 birds and have just had to raise cost per gun from £400 to £500.

Seems a good price considering what's about local. 

I enjoy the keepering and shouting at the guns more than the shooting lol

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Who became good mates, the good people or the knobheads ? ?

Seriously though, it seems like you’re doing a cracking job up there and offering some good affordable shooting. Well done?

I think there’s a bit of knobhead in all of us ? I will say the 3 lads I’ve met off here are spot on

I think shooting should be for everyone, it winds me up when people won’t help others out, it can be a foot in the door with a bit of rifle shooting or a days pheasant shooting somewhere people wouldn’t normally get the opportunity to shoot, there’s too many people involved with shooting that are like “ THIS IS MINE, ALL MINE” and are paranoid that someone will go behind their back, most people just really appreciate the help, I’ll give anyone one chance, you can normally tell what they are like within a few minutes ?

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, bumpy22 said:

I run a small shoot 600 birds and have just had to raise cost per gun from £400 to £500.

Seems a good price considering what's about local. 

I enjoy the keepering and shouting at the guns more than the shooting lol

I enjoy the keepering once the birds go in up until we start shooting, then I worry are the birds going to be in the drives where I said they will be, will they fly and will the guns have a good day ? I also run the beaters on the day and I like to strut about shouting ?

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I think there’s a bit of knobhead in all of us ? I will say the 3 lads I’ve met off here are spot on

I think shooting should be for everyone, it winds me up when people won’t help others out, it can be a foot in the door with a bit of rifle shooting or a days pheasant shooting somewhere people wouldn’t normally get the opportunity to shoot, there’s too many people involved with shooting that are like “ THIS IS MINE, ALL MINE” and are paranoid that someone will go behind their back, most people just really appreciate the help, I’ll give anyone one chance, you can normally tell what they are like within a few minutes ?

I used to lamp with a bloke who was like that he thought the farm we shot on belonged to him and lo and behold if he bumped into a trespasser it was over the top and embarrassing rather than a polite pointing out there in the wrong place he would be on the offence straight from the off he even pissed the farmer off in the end the way he used to talk to him very short sighted, I must admit we were a good shooting team we accounted for a lot of foxes but he moved on as I did.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Great stuff ?

But cant be arsed to shoot the deer ??

Deer are nothing but a pain in the arse. Shooting them is the easy part, then the ball ache starts. Gralloching, carting them, then doing something with them. You can’t just lob them under a hedge ?. Even the “deer stalking terminology “ gets on my tits. “ Glassing “ round here that gets done in a pub and generally means a trip to A and E . ? “Grassing a deer”  wtf ? has it been dealing drugs, what are you going to grass it for.? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
18 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Are you forgetting I came up last season?? ?

No, I could of said the 4 lads off here are spot on ?? but that would be a lie ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Haha 3