Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

You know it's the truth  ....would you have them in your home ?

Ive had gypsies in my home & I've been in theirs.

If someone is a friend they're welcome in my home. I don't base that on where someone comes from or what their heritage is. I base it on how much of a nob head someone is. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

If someone is a friend they're welcome in my home. I don't base that on where someone comes from or what their heritage is. I base it on how much of a nob head someone is. 

Does that mean I can’t come round now?    ?

• Haha 5

I know loads of people I wouldn’t have in my house and most of them don’t live in caravans, you can’t tar everyone with the same brush, I know a few travelers that I’d have nothing at all to do with but others that are some of the nicest people I know, you just have to take people how you find them, there’s good and bad in all walks of life 

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

I wondered where my invite was! ☹

• Haha 3

A mate of mine who is a farrier asked me last year if I would help a friend of his out that was losing poultry to a fox.  I said I would and went along with a mate. When I got there it became clear the chap was a traveler. Horses, dogs, poultry etc in abundance. The area he had was extensive but he knew which way the fox would come from and it’s route. I have to say he was/is a really nice bloke. He left us to it and was very grateful for our efforts in killing a dog and vixen. Turns out he is a cousin of Tyson Fury.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, ianm said:

Ask the “ripper “ victims families what they think of lorry drivers.

What is it with truck drivers, when I was working for a large haulage company over a number of years we had 2 that were convicted of messing with kids, one that had a prostitute in his cab in a truck stop that tried to rob him so he proper battered her and got jailed for it and another that kidnapped a prostitute killed her and dumped her on the moors, he got life, I think some of these lads spend to much time on there own, some of the stuff we would find in the cabs when they were in the garage was shocking 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
On 04/05/2022 at 22:20, FOXHUNTER said:

Rather you than me ......wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. 

On 04/05/2022 at 22:56, FOXHUNTER said:

Before you know it you will be getting robbed ?

On 05/05/2022 at 08:54, FOXHUNTER said:

Got to disagree .......parasites of society that rob anything they can get there hands on. No morals or conscience in the way they affect the rest of society .........conning vulnerable old people and resorting to violence and intimidation without any thought for others.

Not to mention non payment of taxes etc.

On 05/05/2022 at 09:04, FOXHUNTER said:

You know it's the truth  ....would you have them in your home ?

I meant to ask this yesterday but forgot.

If you where approached by a landowner asking you to help cull deer on his land and you subsequently learned he was from a traveler background, would you refuse immediately on the grounds of his ethnicity or would you go and do it? 

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, ianm said:

I meant to ask this yesterday but forgot.

If you where approached by a landowner asking you to help cull deer on his land and you subsequently learned he was from a traveler background, would you refuse immediately on the grounds of his ethnicity or would you go and do it? 

Refuse