Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Got a phone call this afternoon, someone saying a lad I know had given him my number and that he’d had a lot of chickens killed and a couple of goat kids on his small holding and could I go and do something about it, so I said I’d go up after work today, so off I went to get the lay of the land, taking a cage trap with me, when I got there it’s basically a couple of fields split into a few paddocks that’s owned by a gypsy and rented to gypsy’s to keep the horses, chickens, goats, ducks what ever they like in, but we won’t hold that against him because he seemed a sound lad and is just sick of his little girl being upset that her pets are being killed, so I set the trap along the side of the shed and told him to ring me if there’s anything in it and I’d come up and sort it for him and I’d do a few hours up there on a night with the rifle, now I know quite a few gypsy’s and I know a lot of people don’t have a good word to say about them, but I’ve found them to be fine as long as you don’t involve yourself in there business and if you do them a good turn they are always very grateful and can be quite generous, we’ll see how it goes, it’s not a nice place to walk around because it’s a sh*t hole so this is just a pest control job

• Like 4
37 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Got a phone call this afternoon, someone saying a lad I know had given him my number and that he’d had a lot of chickens killed and a couple of goat kids on his small holding and could I go and do something about it, so I said I’d go up after work today, so off I went to get the lay of the land, taking a cage trap with me, when I got there it’s basically a couple of fields split into a few paddocks that’s owned by a gypsy and rented to gypsy’s to keep the horses, chickens, goats, ducks what ever they like in, but we won’t hold that against him because he seemed a sound lad and is just sick of his little girl being upset that her pets are being killed, so I set the trap along the side of the shed and told him to ring me if there’s anything in it and I’d come up and sort it for him and I’d do a few hours up there on a night with the rifle, now I know quite a few gypsy’s and I know a lot of people don’t have a good word to say about them, but I’ve found them to be fine as long as you don’t involve yourself in there business and if you do them a good turn they are always very grateful and can be quite generous, we’ll see how it goes, it’s not a nice place to walk around because it’s a sh*t hole so this is just a pest control job

Rather you than me ......wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Rather you than me ......wouldnt touch it with a barge pole. 

I’m doing this more as a favour to the lad who gave him my number but to be fair I’ve never had any problems with them as long as we set things straight from the start, he knows if I go up with the rifle there has to be no one there and he’s told me where I can and can’t go, all he wants is the foxes gone and if he doesn’t stick to what I say, I won’t be doing it, so we’ll get on just fine

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’m doing this more as a favour to the lad who gave him my number but to be fair I’ve never had any problems with them as long as we set things straight from the start, he knows if I go up with the rifle there has to be no one there and he’s told me where I can and can’t go, all he wants is the foxes gone and if he doesn’t stick to what I say, I won’t be doing it, so we’ll get on just fine

Before you know it you will be getting robbed ?

• Haha 1

As my farmer mate said, gypsy’s are just farmers that don’t grow crops or have stock, if he said to me can I come with you, or can I have a go then I’d have some concerns and the answers would be no but he just wants a job done, it’s the same as anyone else asking me to do the same, he must be ok because the lad who gave him my number is no mug and has known him for a long time and if he says he’s ok that’s ok with me 

• Like 3

I've had plenty of dealings with gypsies. On the whole, I like them, as much as I like anyone else (though i did date a gypsy girl in hull for a while - that was a mistake!) They call a spade a spade, generally keep themselves to themselves & look after their own. I'd much rather deal with a rural gypsy who has some land, horses chickens etc than with some inner city scrotesack.

And if you've ever had any interest in lurchers (I know lot of us) then it's unavoidable you'll deal with them.  

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
7 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Before you know it you will be getting robbed ?

??? good ol' stereotype...

you should keep in mind a lot of the stereotypes the antis & press throw at us and how we know its bollocķs. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

I've had plenty of dealings with gypsies. On the whole, I like them, as much as I like anyone else (though i did date a gypsy girl in hull for a while - that was a mistake!) They call a spade a spade, generally keep themselves to themselves & look after their own. I'd much rather deal with a rural gypsy who has some land, horses chickens etc than with some inner city scrotesack.

And if you've ever had any interest in lurchers (I know lot of us) then it's unavoidable you'll deal with them.  

Was it that hairy girl Ben? ?

• Haha 3
20 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Was it that hairy girl Ben? ?

No, that's the one I married!! ???

It all ended with the girl in hull after she threw a bread knife at me!! ????

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Haha 3

Got to disagree .......parasites of society that rob anything they can get there hands on. No morals or conscience in the way they affect the rest of society .........conning vulnerable old people and resorting to violence and intimidation without any thought for others.

Not to mention non payment of taxes etc.