Back up at the shoot

15 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Just had a walk out today, I’ve got some traps running only a fifteen minute walk from my house. Just one rat caught and as the sun was really starting to show a bit of warmth again, I carried on walking down into the next village. Called in at the dixies and treated myself to a drop of black sheep and a bag of dry roasted, sat watching the rooks in the rookery across the road. Bloody grand it was, spring is on the way??

B8F0C2F9-22E9-46B4-9B3A-AF8C1FFD2C0E.jpeg

Nothing better than a pint ? of sheep in the sunshine ?

• Like 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Walked around the great orme yesterday (Llandudno). 7 miles of it! My foot and leg was agony. Stopped at the pub by the tram station. Wound a pint down the Mrs and me. Only lager but we giggled most of the last mile!

Oh now you're talking! My old stomping ground. Get yourself to the Liverpool Arms in Conwy, take your pint out onto harbour then get chippy & ice cream at cadwaladers. 

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Just had a walk out today, I’ve got some traps running only a fifteen minute walk from my house. Just one rat caught and as the sun was really starting to show a bit of warmth again, I carried on walking down into the next village. Called in at the dixies and treated myself to a drop of black sheep and a bag of dry roasted, sat watching the rooks in the rookery across the road. Bloody grand it was, spring is on the way??

B8F0C2F9-22E9-46B4-9B3A-AF8C1FFD2C0E.jpeg

I showed a sheepkeeping newbie how to ring tails & balls. As a thank you she got me few bottles of that saying "I assumed you'd like that one" strange logic but undeniably accurate! 

• Like 1

Well after taking an old buck out of the copse a few weeks ago I decided to watch it for an hour before dusk tonight to see if any youngsters had claimed the territory. 

I got settled at 7.45 and I couldn't believe it as at 7.50 out popped another old buck .....the deer gods are certainly looking down on me at present?

I let him come out 30 yards into the field and  then took him?

I find it strange that 2 old bucks were living in this small copse.....the territory should now be vacant for some youngsters to fill.

Another big bodied animal..

20220421_200231.jpg

• Like 6
1 hour ago, BenBhoy said:

Just seen my first swallow of 2022, summer on its way! 

Lol, my favourite  bird for heralding summer is the willow warbler. The chiffchaff herald spring and the willow warbler heralds summer.

Only though I don't expect to hear one until end of April but I heard one over a week ago!

I wonder if therefore it's going to be a good summer ?