Back up at the shoot

The land owner where we shot the fox asked if i could do something about the hordes of canada geese that are flying into his fields everyday. They are trampling the grass, eating it and defacating everywhere. Anyhow i thought i would go this morning and take the mouse gun. Driving within range then shooting off the drivers mirror is the order of the day because they are used to vehicles. If you stop and get out they lift straight away. I will be back in a few days. Ther are plenty of Fallow about as well.     

IMG_0011.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

• Like 8

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Been looking on Guntrader at Ugartchea shotguns ...can pick up a 2nd hand one for £80 -£90 so will need to see how much repair will be ?

Uglies are a safe bet mate.

You can have my Tula hammer gun if you want to come and get it.

20220327_081637.jpg.90bcfdbe1d6b3e0274a6fa6b65eed491.jpg

• Haha 2

A walk around the shoot this evening to bash a few bunnies, while it was still early I had a walk over the far side towards the caravan park, the noise coming from the place was ridiculous and there wasn’t an animal in sight so it was back around the farm for a bit of peace and quiet, I don’t know what was wrong with me tonight but I couldn’t hit a barn door, I was starting to doubt the rifle then took a clean head shot at 143 paces, so it turns out it was just me ☹️

3F5E3847-2A15-46FE-86F7-E1587B917E3C.jpeg

D6FC1537-D1EB-4FED-AF7B-C4BED1D636B8.jpeg

16DD69B0-2D06-4D58-947E-5CA4ED3D8489.jpeg

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Stavross said:

A walk around the shoot this evening to bash a few bunnies, while it was still early I had a walk over the far side towards the caravan park, the noise coming from the place was ridiculous and there wasn’t an animal in sight so it was back around the farm for a bit of peace and quiet, I don’t know what was wrong with me tonight but I couldn’t hit a barn door, I was starting to doubt the rifle then took a clean head shot at 143 paces, so it turns out it was just me ☹️

Do you eat hares Stav?

23 minutes ago, ianm said:

Do you eat hares Stav?

No, but I’ve got a few people who do, I left this one for the farm hand, if longshanx had of been with me it would of been gutted and skinned before it hit the ground 

• Haha 2
17 hours ago, Stavross said:

Why are you shooting hares at this time of year? Genuine question.

Cheers, D.

1 hour ago, dytkos said:

Why are you shooting hares at this time of year? Genuine question.

Cheers, D.

Purely because there’s so many of them on this land and they don’t go to waste, the other places I shoot over spring and into late summer, I don’t shoot them

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Stavross said:

No, but I’ve got a few people who do, I left this one for the farm hand, if longshanx had of been with me it would of been gutted and skinned before it hit the ground 

I have never liked the taste of them but i know a few folk that do. 

38 minutes ago, ianm said:

I have never liked the taste of them but i know a few folk that do. 

It’s not for me, had it a couple of times, I’m the same with rabbit now after gutting 100’s I can’t eat it now because of the smell 

Edited by Stavross

Been out with metal detector and cant find missing screw for my shotty ? Typical plenty crows still on the drilling. 

My mate knows a guy giving  up a gun for free so said I will take it.

Mr Sausage it's a GSM Spanish sbs .....have you heard of them ?

It's free anyway so nothing to lose.