Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Just got off the phone to the lad sorting the shoots birds out, ? we have ordered 800 and have been promised they well  be there unlike many other syndicate’s, when I mentioned price a few weeks ago I was told about 4 quid a poult, now it’s looking more like 5 quid each, that’s a massive jump, speaking to someone  I know who runs small  syndicate they have already let a day to a team of guns in late November, a 50 bird day for £2000, it might be something we need to think about doing the way everything is going up 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, Stavross said:

Just got off the phone to the lad sorting the shoots birds out, ? we have ordered 800 and have been promised they well  be there unlike many other syndicate’s, when I mentioned price a few weeks ago I was told about 4 quid a poult, now it’s looking more like 5 quid each, that’s a massive jump, speaking to someone  I know who runs small  syndicate they have already let a day to a team of guns in late November, a 50 bird day for £2000, it might be something we need to think about doing the way everything is going up 

I have just been told tonight that wheat is 300 a ton now.

• Sad 1

This Ukraine war is the cause, a massive percentage of wheat comes from there and Russia. 

Ukraine can't produce and Russia is embargoed so the US and Canada are coining it in .

It's only going up and up ,order now itl be at least 350/400 a ton next season. 

Its going to be a bit of a problem for small shoots this season, price of poults (if you can get them ) , wheat and fuel all add up. Syndicate prices will have to increase but they either suffer it or fold.

Glad I shoot vermin etc all year round and dont rely on pheasant shooting ?

• Like 3
1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Been reading about gazumping going on too....poults are £5 but some commercial shoots have been offering £10 a poult to jump the queue.

Pellets £300 per tonne too...

been doing a bit of baby sitting last few nights.. you'll  need a big wallet if your gonna start knocking these out of the sky crazy prices

IMG_0061.jpeg.9ab93c68a33b0cd971d68c869b334cd8.jpeg

• Like 2