Back up at the shoot

1 hour ago, David.evans said:

Hare’s are stupid any way , I can drive up to them on my perms and say good morning, and they still sit there ?

Had them trotting past me while crow shooting this weekend.  They are full of love right now, nothing else matters!

• Like 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

A few hours on a drilling this afternoon seeing as it wasnt raining ?

Not a lot of birds about but still managed 33 so not too bad and I shot OK ?

Farmer still has main field to drill which after speaking to him might be Sunday so should get another day at them next week.

20220406_155154.jpg

• Like 7
27 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

A few hours on a drilling this afternoon seeing as it wasnt raining ?

Not a lot of birds about but still managed 33 so not too bad and I shot OK ?

Farmer still has main field to drill which after speaking to him might be Sunday so should get another day at them next week.

20220406_155154.jpg

Good result Mark, just one crow trapped for me today.

• Like 1

I got me a new mount to allow my add on to be a little more forward so my neck isn't all screwed up!

Except that I would like it a little bit more forward but the rings are lower than I would of liked and prevent this ?‍♂️

Oh well. It is better and in a pinch I can shoot it off hand if needed. 

After zeroing I shot of sticks and via the sytong 66 four rounds from 200yds down to 50yds in wind.

20220406_191707.jpg.e42c9f92d097de20095a37f1e43c179f.jpg

• Like 8

Out for a few hours before dusk last night. 1st thing I encountered was a guy with his dog running all over the place so I headed on over and explained it was private land and that I was shooting so from a safety perspective he shouldn't be there , he totally understood and phoned his 10 year old daughter and friend and told them to come out of the woods as they had to go. To be fair he was a nice guy who didnt have a problem and duly left.

I then headed for the wood and saw 2 roe trotting along the far bank. I backtracked out of the wood and headed to where I thought they were going. As I was stalking up the side of the wood they appeared 50 yds away....buck and doe.

Only shot available was if they came past me and down the field , this ensued but they ended up 180 yds away on the edge of the wood. I settled on my sticks and took the shot , deer jumped in air and kicked out back legs so I knew shot was good. Following the blood trail the deer had only made about 20 yds before expiring , it had been quartering away and shot was perfect behind front leg and exited between the front legs. ?

After gralloching I continued and spotted a yearling 4 pointer in velvet , another great stalk as had to circumvent the whole field due to the wind. A short crawl and I was now only 70yds away with the buck edging towards me , waited until it turned its neck and no 2 was in the bag.

Now the hard part dragging 2 roe back to the motor.?

20220408_185721.jpg

20220408_190851.jpg

20220408_203615.jpg

• Like 9