Back up at the shoot

Good going lads. Mine was not as exciting. 

I never saw the one from yesterday morning after waiting from early dark thirty to 8:30am. So afternoon I went so.e where else and called foxes but got busted again!

I moved off and took a 100yd rabbit rested shot.20220313_162610.jpg.132ef134397f02b774854474075afd38.jpg

Using 20gn cci fmj today aswell. 

The pheasants were telling me a tale along a bracken hill side with scrub birch on it so I decided to meander my way along it.

Sure enough I spotted one moving about 80yds away and above me.

Off hand I took aim. Made a noise to stop him and shot. It turned and ran back but just as I was about to lose sight it rolled over and all four legs were up in the air.

20220313_170824.jpg.a5f7c2b5b508b928d0779840bf09f632.jpg

If your wondering what these fmj bullets do this is the exit hole. It's about 10mm in diameter.

20220313_171724.jpg.42521bf803fa1d7ec59b5f6fc0e51fce.jpg

This fox was upwind from small lambs and ewes a little over 200 yds away! Heavy enough to take one too so that's a job well done.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

I give up with him. I went up to the shoot tonight with the lad who has served many a fox shooting ban, didn’t see anything over the piggeries so went to the bottom of the farm field, caller out for 5 minutes and a fox came in to our left, he got on his dog sh*t quad sticks and the fox clocked him and headed back towards the oak wood, I stopped it with a quick go on the caller and he rattled his sticks a bit more and took a shot, straight over the top of it, off it went flat out into the wood, I could happily snap them bloody sticks ☹️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

He seems to be able to talk me round Dave, as if it’s going to be better this time, but never fails to let me down, at least he never went full auto this time firing off rounds all over the place, after I said “ you missed” in my disappointed voice, he said “put a vixen call on, see if it comes back out” ? the speed it ran off, it would be to far away to hear it, never mind, he’s only made my job harder, I like a challenge ?

• Sad 2
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

He seems to be able to talk me round Dave, as if it’s going to be better this time, but never fails to let me down, at least he never went full auto this time firing off rounds all over the place, after I said “ you missed” in my disappointed voice, he said “put a vixen call on, see if it comes back out” ? the speed it ran off, it would be to far away to hear it, never mind, he’s only made my job harder, I like a challenge ?

Sorry mate, busy. Yeah busy that night too. Out with me Mrs then sorry. Gun cleaning night sorry. I'll give you a call.....

• Haha 3
33 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Dead right 

if it then goes tits up , nobody to blame but yourself ?

Some people like having someone else to blame - that's only reason she married me!! 

• Haha 4

Seeing as it was a nice Spring morning I headed out for an armed ramble . The farm was very quiet with me only seeing 1 squizzer which I bagged. I ended up picking up spent cartridges again but seem to be nearly on top of them now ? Had a bit craic with the farmer as was watching a field of 200 corvids on the fresh spread muck on the field which will be drilled in a couple of weeks.  Should be good as plenty corvids about and a few woodies. 

20220315_113351.jpg

20220315_095243.jpg

• Like 4