Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Deker said:

Thanks for everyones input on Trail Cams, I've just ordered one like I posted.    I'll stick with one for the time being and see what it's like when it arrives before investing in more!

Cheers :thumbs:

Good idea, they might be a bargain, but they might be crap. Only one way to find out really, worth a try a that price anyway. Let us know how you get on with it.... ??

• Like 1

Last day tomorrow so up to feed this morning, a lovely bright day so what birds we have left were on the move, I took the thermal with me to see what was about, just looking from the quad while on the tracks I easily seen 50 which is not bad for this time of year, now I’m not expecting them to shoot 50 but if everyone gets a few bangs I’ll be happy, there’s definitely a few deer moving around now, I went up the track through the ruff side of the piggeries and 2 minutes later when I’d turned around at the top and was heading back there was 4 standing on the track, by the time I got my phone out there was 1 ?

so, if it’s the end of anyone else’s season tomorrow I hope you have a cracking day ?

6FAA3658-690F-4D27-8DF2-932A25E4371F.jpeg

3156AE3A-4F64-4DDB-83C7-516A9CCD53EC.jpeg

5DF1C621-1CC9-4C76-81EC-903645A33CF5.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 8
50 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Looks like paradise to me your shoot does.

It’s a lovely place to be, the only thing that spoils it is dog walkers going where they are not meant to be, this has got worse since the lockdowns, sadly I don’t think they’ll all sod off now they’ve seen what my secret place has to offer ☹️

• Sad 2
49 minutes ago, Stavross said:

It’s a lovely place to be, the only thing that spoils it is dog walkers going where they are not meant to be, this has got worse since the lockdowns, sadly I don’t think they’ll all sod off now they’ve seen what my secret place has to offer ☹️

Same for me, noisy nosey bored meddling country hackers! Completely out of touch with nature. Possibly can't even name the common birds and walk past a deer just ten yards from them with out ever seeing it whilst making all sorts of  hideous sounds trying to encourage their rampaging dogs back ?‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
2 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Have a good last day mate , 50 mph winds tomorrow that should test them ?? Now season is over we will be able to get a few deer grassed hopefully ?

I’ve already had a few messages off a few members all giddy about the windy forecast, just got to hope there’s a few birds for the wind to get behind, we’ll definitely get a few days on the deer sorted?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

I’ve already had a few messages off a few members all giddy about the windy forecast, just got to hope there’s a few birds for the wind to get behind, we’ll definitely get a few days on the deer sorted?

Count the cartridges fired, not the bird count ?

Cheers, D.

• Like 1