Back up at the shoot

2 minutes ago, sparky the hunter said:

I know what you mean Stav about running around in June/July.  Storm Arwin has damaged a few of my Pens but the wire was old and has been patched up many times so i suppose it was Karma.

It did a fair bit of damage with us, with a good few posts down and a couple of trees down on the wire, my third pen, over what I know as the valley is wrecked and hasn’t been used for a couple of years, I said this to the shoot captain earlier and all he said was “ it won’t take you long to put it right “ ?

• Haha 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Had a walk around one of my shoots today, not a lot to be seen vermin wise other than a few new squirrel dreys and a some rats. Also got another stoat.

17097C00-E76D-403C-B62C-9C667ADB61FD.jpeg

5A6EABD4-5346-42C8-BFD8-F7D412D43FB3.jpeg

F4E09D83-CE8B-41DC-ABEF-0C97E888671E.jpeg

30D26014-4057-4F7D-B245-EBEDCBFD7B7B.jpeg

Never seen so many rat holes in the fields. Caught another bitch rat in my garden trap today.

Shot a weasel the other day too. Squeaked it in.

20211224_131332.jpg.79ce10602ae87b0d9b3eada66182db6f.jpg

Edited by Sausagedog
  • Like 4

Although I would know that as a stoat ( black tip to the tail ) it’s also known in some parts as a short tailed weasel 

the easiest way to tell a weasel from a stoat is the tail, stoats have a black tip and a weasel has a thin brown tail, this is what an old boy told me so someone may correct me