Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

I decided to brave the weather and go and feed at first light this morning as I’ve got a farmyard feral pigeon smashing job on tomorrow morning, to say it was a bit wild would be a bit of an understatement, there’s a lot of tree damage and damage to the pens, I spent the first hour clearing fallen trees from the track in, so the old girl could get in and out, on the bright side there’s a lot of birds about this cold snowy weather has kept them in and they are hammering the feed, I’m definitely going to have to take the chainsaw with me on the next feed day as there’s quite a bit of the shoot I can’t get the quad through now because of fallen trees 

3B542628-CF69-4DF4-B50A-BE8C734EA7E1.jpeg

B936FD0C-0B25-45B6-B46A-9645722B3F8A.jpeg

65815FB8-8513-4D60-BD20-7D377B2DC930.jpeg

93266719-484A-4BA9-8401-04E583AE9224.jpeg

• Like 4

Out early morning today to go to the sheep farm for the feral pigeons, now as my mate Mosh works there I thought I’d ask him if he wanted to come, since he had a heart attack a couple of years ago he’s only been to a few pheasant days and has never been out on a night with me ( we used to be out 3 times a week) so I was surprised when he said he’d like to come, when we got there it was cold and dry and there was between 40 and 50 pigeons around the building, so I went one side and mosh went the other, we managed about a dozen over a couple of hours with the shotguns, shooting a few and having a walk around the hedge backs to let them come back in, once the snow started coming down heavy they all cleared off, so I gave mosh a lend of a puff gun, he said he’d have a go picking a few off out the sheds over the next week. We gathered up the pigeons and Mosh said he’d like to get out on the foxes again and could he come back out with me, I said ok, what I really meant was of course you can and I’d be over the moon if you would come out with me again, but didn’t say that because I’m a bloke. So we took the pigeons and baited a few spots with the intention of getting out over the coming week, hopefully we’ll get a couple because this lad is a fox magnet (  like FH is with the deer ) I’ve shot more foxes out with mosh than I have with anyone else, including just been out on my own, fingers crossed he’ll get back into it and we can restart our shoot adventures ??

96FB3CD4-5DEE-484A-8780-E6C455E62C8A.jpeg

7929A819-1B74-4CE7-AAB7-0C15E0D8E835.jpeg

C4297FAE-0AC9-4693-8514-12C798B38D5D.jpeg

38BB3767-2E8B-41EC-9609-FF54996505C7.jpeg

• Like 4