Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Glad the guns appreciate all your hard work Stav ?Looks like it's going OK for you , long may it continue. 

Cheers mate 

it has gone well, 2 more days in December and then they get a good rest from the 18th until the 8th of January so that will give me a bit of time to feed them where I want them, there’s a fair few woodcock come in on that moon

9 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Looks like a great day Stavross . I do like the look of that pork and apple pie, I am reaching through the interweb  and nicking a virtual slice , and my word , it’s tastes as good as it looks !!!

I can assure you SL it was delicious, especially when accompanied by a nice port???

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Just a heads up for them that do ,wheat just hit £240 a ton here ?

Christ that's some mark up! Avg price from ahdb end Oct/Nov is £188 delivered. I don't see why price so high as this years uk harvest is head & shoulders above last year. ? 

£240 seems especially high though mate, that's almost bread grade prices! 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Sad 1
10 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Christ that's some mark up! Avg price from ahdb end Oct/Nov is £188 delivered. I don't see why price so high as this years uk harvest is head & shoulders above last year. ? 

£240 seems especially high though mate, that's almost bread grade prices! 

They're all blaming shortage this ,lorry driver that Ben I'm afraid profit is all they want and bugga everything else ?

Back up to feed today after the weekend shoot, I didn’t see massive amounts of birds but there was birds in all the feed areas and they were on the feed as soon as I put it down, I’ve put another ( special ) feeder out with the camera on it, FH will know what this is for ?

there’s a few fallow knocking about early now the weather seems to have turned, there was a definite chill in the air when I was there today 

4D80FCFA-BB82-4E2A-AACE-0FA3CB251DDD.jpeg

E3EFEB0F-38E5-4083-9DB1-D13476F3718D.jpeg

4BBB3460-8F98-4BA6-84F4-FC5415149F07.jpeg

3FF6682F-BC78-4725-93E9-197556B01C4C.jpeg

• Like 6
4 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Great stuff mate , were those fallow near the special feeder ?

Yeah, I’ve put it at the top of the ride over the piggeries, stepped out into the field and they were about 90/100 yards to my right on the ruff side of the piggeries, it was only about 3:15 ?

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Yeah, I’ve put it at the top of the ride over the piggeries, stepped out into the field and they were about 90/100 yards to my right on the ruff side of the piggeries, it was only about 3:15 ?

Good to see , forecast is awful for the weekend , 40 mph gales ?