Back up at the shoot

21 minutes ago, Dervburner said:

Good shooting Ian, some of the steel I’ve tried have been absolutely shite with very poor strike energy. I’m eventually going to have to go down the same route with my ugartechea sbs as it’s half and full, but I don’t know if it’s worth it for the value of the gun?

I have the same gun ugartechea sbs half and full and love it .....what would it cost to re choke to half and half ?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

7 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Just had a quick look at them - only thing that put me off is do they only come in plastic wad? IMO plastic wad is worse for countryside/environment than lead shot. 

Yeah, I never understood it really.

Everyone bangs on about plastic, single use plastic, recycle, recycle and recycle the recycled. Choked birds, micro plastic in sea life. Plastic burning, very nasty. Its bad stuff so ban it.

Oh, hang on err it's a by product from oil, oh year like diesel  is from making petrol. That's it. Petrol is good diesel is bad. So err what we going to do with the diesel and err for that matter plastic? Pretend it's not produced?

No no, we have plans for it but it's top secret shhhhh.

Shhhhhh, don't mention the fact diesel and plastic production doesn't stop because  everyone is now on petrol.....wait a minute, who's using lead?

Shooting folk. You evil b*****ds, that's disgusting! Use steel instead derrrrr,  yeah but, it needs a plastic wad! ......Doh.....

OK, I'm done.

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Yeah, I never understood it really.

Everyone bangs on about plastic, single use plastic, recycle, recycle and recycle the recycled. Choked birds, micro plastic in sea life. Plastic burning, very nasty. Its bad stuff so ban it.

Oh, hang on err it's a by product from oil, oh year like diesel  is from making petrol. That's it. Petrol is good diesel is bad. So err what we going to do with the diesel and err for that matter plastic? Pretend it's not produced?

No no, we have plans for it but it's top secret shhhhh.

Shhhhhh, don't mention the fact diesel and plastic production doesn't stop because  everyone is now on petrol.....wait a minute, who's using lead?

Shooting folk. You evil b*****ds, that's disgusting! Use steel instead derrrrr,  yeah but, it needs a plastic wad! ......Doh.....

OK, I'm done.

Good rant well ranted ??

• Like 1

No wonder my birds are taking so long to feather up, I was up feeding and at 5:30 this afternoon and it was 19 degrees, it’s October for gods sake, I need some cold weather, I’m going to need to start shooting some soon just to stop them eating so much feed ?

also the bloody fallow have started bashing up the feeders, good job I learned that lesson a few seasons ago and started putting them in crates to stop them rolling them about ?

CA1BE235-91C5-4402-A939-007A41A1CED4.jpeg

A164F529-C780-44E8-9845-2936C0B0F6ED.jpeg

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Stavross said:

No wonder my birds are taking so long to feather up, I was up feeding and at 5:30 this afternoon and it was 19 degrees, it’s October for gods sake, I need some cold weather, I’m going to need to start shooting some soon just to stop them eating so much feed ?

also the bloody fallow have started bashing up the feeders, good job I learned that lesson a few seasons ago and started putting them in crates to stop them rolling them about ?

CA1BE235-91C5-4402-A939-007A41A1CED4.jpeg

A164F529-C780-44E8-9845-2936C0B0F6ED.jpeg

That's a mint idea, that'd sheep proof them for me! 

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

That's a mint idea, that'd sheep proof them for me! 

They are the crates that paving comes in, turned upside down and the bottoms cut out of them, we used to give them away or burn them at the farm until I worked out that a feeder would fit inside, you know you would find a sheep stuck in one ?

• Like 2
15 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Just had a quick look at them - only thing that put me off is do they only come in plastic wad? IMO plastic wad is worse for countryside/environment than lead shot. 

They are plastic for now but in the new year they will be biodegradable. 

However, as a committed "eco terrorist" i don't much care about that, i am looking at killing ability only. Not only do they kill well they are cheap! ?

I can hear the ears pricking "in't north east" as we speak.?

10 hours ago, Dervburner said:

Good shooting Ian, some of the steel I’ve tried have been absolutely shite with very poor strike energy. I’m eventually going to have to go down the same route with my ugartechea sbs as it’s half and full, but I don’t know if it’s worth it for the value of the gun?

It is only thirty pound to have the bore opened up by a proper gunsmith in Sandbach. I sent Three sxs guns to be opened up ready for steel.

• Like 3