Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

2 hours ago, David.evans said:

B97CB470-0AA9-4202-8AB4-1ECC01FEAF7A.jpeg.c1303cfab50ad5f42b0c6293adb3da18.jpegDon’t you just love Friday afternoons 

looking forwards to the weekend, out shooting, with out any moaning 

from her in doors , I might just manage 8 cans with my dog 1D30DA08-795F-46E7-9AA3-920F42B82469.jpeg.89b6142dca3ab516732529b0f1b1e1d8.jpeg

It’s such a nice evening Dave and as yet I’ve nowhere to go, so I think I’ll join you ( maybe not 8 ?) and I’ll give this new fishing program a go on the idiot box ?

95ACAE78-E115-4D73-8430-04352183F156.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

It’s such a nice evening Dave and as yet I’ve nowhere to go, so I think I’ll join you ( maybe not 8 ?) and I’ll give this new fishing program a go on the idiot box ?

95ACAE78-E115-4D73-8430-04352183F156.jpeg

If you can't beat them....

But why have they made the bottles 250ml?? Nobody has ever said "I wish my beer was smaller!"

20210723_202356.jpg

• Haha 4
4 hours ago, David.evans said:

FH 

I was only joking mate , I’m out doing the same Sunday 

Fancy a £1.00 on who get the most ?

Lots of birds just depends on if they decoy as dropping in all over the field. Fingers crossed.....hope you have a good day ?

• Like 1
  • Well we went out lamping last night  stopped at the top of the farm drive sorted out the kit and had the first rabbit in the bag in under 5 minutes , saw another one heading towards the gate followed it with the lamp and there's a  sitting there lit it up nobody in it or  near it ? headed down to the farm parked up and started in the first field good few rabbits about but the grass is nearly up to my knees and there running and jumping like Skippy the kangaroo after 2 laps of the field i had , had enough it was more like a gym work out than lamping . Moving on to another part of the farm passed the car again still nobody there but 20 yards in front of it a 21 plate BMW now i sat at the back of them watching till i got the registration  but they didn't seem bothered maybe desperate for some sex .Went to another part of the farm and until we hit the top field the cover was crazy this was going threw 2 fields of cattle they just don't seem to be able to keep the grass down  started getting into the rabbits again and one jumped threw the boundary fence in its death throws as my son picked it up he said if you where to lean on a post and shoot that field there's about 100 rabbit looking at you , but its a horse riding school so until i ask i thought better as there where also 20 horses there LOL . Still had a good night with my son and got a good bag of rabbits but now need to go back see the farmer and tell him about the cars and hopefully can leave it a few weeks till the covers dying back 
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, The one said:
  • Well we went out lamping last night  stopped at the top of the farm drive sorted out the kit and had the first rabbit in the bag in under 5 minutes , saw another one heading towards the gate followed it with the lamp and there's a  sitting there lit it up nobody in it or  near it ? headed down to the farm parked up and started in the first field good few rabbits about but the grass is nearly up to my knees and there running and jumping like Skippy the kangaroo after 2 laps of the field i had , had enough it was more like a gym work out than lamping . Moving on to another part of the farm passed the car again still nobody there but 20 yards in front of it a 21 plate BMW now i sat at the back of them watching till i got the registration  but they didn't seem bothered maybe desperate for some sex .Went to another part of the farm and until we hit the top field the cover was crazy this was going threw 2 fields of cattle they just don't seem to be able to keep the grass down  started getting into the rabbits again and one jumped threw the boundary fence in its death throws as my son picked it up he said if you where to lean on a post and shoot that field there's about 100 rabbit looking at you , but its a horse riding school so until i ask i thought better as there where also 20 horses there LOL . Still had a good night with my son and got a good bag of rabbits but now need to go back see the farmer and tell him about the cars and hopefully can leave it a few weeks till the covers dying back 

Bleddy doggers??

Went and saw the farmer coming back from another job today , He said the white 21 plate BMW is connected to the 09 plate peugot that looks like its been dumped on the farm road as the security guard from the site next to the farm saw a white car when the other car was dumped , but by the time he got there it was gone .The phoned the police but as the farm road is private there not interested LOL 

I was set up at 4.30 am yesterday morning on a smallish patch of laid barley. First few hours a bit slow with mainly jackdaws in the bag , plenty of woodies but nothing would decoy they were just flying about all over. Once I had a few birds I replaced all the decoys with these and the woodies started decoying better but loads still ignoring them. After a 12 hour shift I packed up absolutely knackered. Bag was 174 birds ......88 woodies 86 corvids.  Couldnt pick them all Dave as loads dropped in the barley ? Anyway a great day and still loads of pigeons about.

20210724_091532.jpg

20210724_112852.jpg

20210724_165306.jpg

• Like 5

I owe you a pound mate 

I was out this morning at 4.30 stoped til 10am and shot 6 and there the only ones that showed, normally there would be 100s flying about I don’t know where they have gone 

what a waste of fuc in time ?

Atb FH 

5 minutes ago, David.evans said:

I owe you a pound mate 

I was out this morning at 4.30 stoped til 10am and shot 6 and there the only ones that showed, normally there would be 100s flying about I don’t know where they have gone 

what a waste of fuc in time ?

Atb FH 

?????? what will I spend it on ? 

2 hours ago, Stavross said:

Cracking day out that, good on ya for putting a 12 hour shift in ?

Tell me about it I'm stiff as a board today.  12 hours kneeling behind a net in blistering heat with flies and midges .......great fun ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2