Back up at the shoot

32 minutes ago, Stavross said:

That’s some fine looking land, I’ve only been shooting in Scotland once and the shooting came second to the scenery ?

Don't be so soft! if you want scenery buy a biscuit tin. ?

• Haha 4

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I love Scotland,  it's my favourite place .Wish I could move up there but only if I had all the shooting on my doorstep ?

It’s a stunning place, I worked up there a lot when I was younger, the main places  I worked were  Livingston and Bathgate and they were proper ruff, but two minutes up the road was some of the nicest countryside you could be in, I’ve got a Scottish mate ( from Glasgow) who now lives in Hartlepool, he moved to Hartlepool because it’s a proper sh*t hole so it felt more like home ?

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Christ I wouldnt move from Scotland to Hartlepool.....especially if I was a monkey. ?

He moved to the headlands and thinks it’s a lovely place to live ? It must of been proper ruff where he’s from in Glasgow, I worked with him for a few years and he was sh*t at his job, but the gaffer was to scared to sack him because he was an absolute nutcase ex squadie, I’d wouldn’t of thought any monkey hanger would give him much bother, some of the stories and pictures he’s showed me from when he was in Afghan were shocking

A walk out in the sun at the egg units, they have definitely got a bit more wise, only managed 4 around the sheds with the .22, thinking this might be the case I took the .17 with me, back to the car and swapped rifles and headed down the old horse gallop, another 8 in quick succession, with a bit of luck luck some barley will be down in the next week to 10 days so I’ll be able to get out a bit more ?

D095B961-7CCB-48C0-8E54-D788E99B11F5.jpeg

6351738F-66CA-4AC6-8B2C-E9B3A2807AC0.jpeg

8A207A92-137F-4301-96B9-EBF8A540F6F6.jpeg

• Like 4

Yep spoke to a farmer today and the barley is ready to cut but busy with cutting grass still . Next weekend is forecast rain and thunderstorms so see what happens.  Roe rut will be kicking off now so must try for a buck or two then I must make a start on the bunnies ??

• Like 1

Looking at the weather for the rest of the week I would of thought it will be down at the sheep farm ? I’m off for a week from Thursday so with a bit of luck I’ll be able to get a bit of foxing in and maybe a buck, I’ve seen 2 up there the last couple of times I’ve been there 

• Like 1

I am always nervous when the birds first go to wood , especially when they are still tucked in the grass next to the wire . In the past foxes spook them and they jug over the fence and get nabbed . So far so good with the big pen . I stayed out with them the first two nights and on the second night shot two , but I’m still a bit cautious. I can’t be there 24/7 so I leave a radio on . I also put bits of rag soaked in aftershave dotted about . I find that doing this until they start to roost properly definitely helps . They had Talksport last night . 

6385337D-EDBB-4E05-A692-9B50F77872F8.jpeg

• Like 4
1 minute ago, shovel leaner said:

They had Talksport last night . 

Poor f****r§ might have that twat ally McCoist this morning, I'd rather get nabbed by fox than listen to that cuntś self indulgent out pouring of bullshiť. 

• Haha 6
11 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Poor f****r§ might have that twat ally McCoist this morning, I'd rather get nabbed by fox than listen to that cuntś self indulgent out pouring of bullshiť. 

Well, I haven’t got a fookin’ clue who you’re on about Ben...don’t think I’ll bother finding out?

edit to say I did find out, seems he was born in somewhere called bellsend? Maybe that explains it??

Edited by Dervburner