Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

?bloody weather, I was all set for an hour bunny bashing as the weather looked like it was going to miss us, then one rumble of thunder and I’d now need scuba gear to go out ☹️ it had better not be like this tomorrow when I’m repairing the pens up at the shoot 

• Sad 2

Lucky escape, in Bridlington for my birthday. 

Drove up yesterday in torrential doom ,20 yd visibility thinking omg .But all day today bright sunshine ?

Forced to eat great food and drink cider in the sun .

No it's nowt to do with shooting but it's been "a grand day out eh Grommet " 

• Like 4

Enjoy your birthday Baldcoot. Pissing down here today. Got a team together this morning to run a pen through. I knew there was a muntjac in there , I’ve been try all week to coax it out but to no avail . Anyhow , the team of terriers spaniels and Lurcher’s soon found it and it hit the side of the pen and smashed straight through the wire and out to freedom. The birds were coming tomorrow morning but we are forecast heavy rain tomorrow night so they are on hold and I will speak to the game farmer tomorrow and see what we are doing . Bloody weather ???

• Sad 2

Thanks lads ,back tomorrow somewhere called reality. 

No fun trying to rear pheasants in this monsoon, poor things seem to struggle in any soggy weather. 

And the foxes will be having a field day.

10 hours ago, Stavross said:

I’m watching telly because I can’t go out and that tw*t packham is walking around a wood with two toy poodles sniffing badger sh*t, I could proper hurt that c*nt

And if you watch it carefully he left the gate open when he went thro 

twat is right 

11 hours ago, Stavross said:

I’m watching telly because I can’t go out and that tw*t packham is walking around a wood with two toy poodles sniffing badger sh*t, I could proper hurt that c*nt

I see that wild justice failed to get Grouse shooting banned on the 21st of June . Not much has been mentioned in the media . But we can’t sit back on our Laurels , these people are persistent, they are used to failure and will just keep chipping away . You won’t change these peoples perspective and a good old fashioned “ass whooping “ would have no effect other than to make “you” feel better. Packem would be just like the “daft kid “ at school who after a good beating would just get up and carry on as if nothing had happened. 

• Like 1