Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

1 minute ago, shovel leaner said:

Was it in amongst some ewes? Sorry to piss on your bonfire, because that would be a lamb .????

No mate . I have a pic somewhere but cant get off the couch at the minute with this bloody gout. When I am able I will post a pic. I have seen a roe whose mother was killed on the nearby road being fostered by the sheep , farmer said it was in with them every morning at feed time.

52 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

No mate . I have a pic somewhere but cant get off the couch at the minute with this bloody gout. When I am able I will post a pic. I have seen a roe whose mother was killed on the nearby road being fostered by the sheep , farmer said it was in with them every morning at feed time.

I’m only taking the piss . I believe you . Hope the gout clears up , it’s all that good living and rich diet . There’s no chance I will get gout on my meagre wages and the starvation rations that I have to endure, it’s a humble pottage, washed down with a nettle tea for my supper  tonight.?

• Haha 3
22 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’m only taking the piss . I believe you . Hope the gout clears up , it’s all that good living and rich diet . There’s no chance I will get gout on my meagre wages and the starvation rations that I have to endure, it’s a humble pottage, washed down with a nettle tea for my supper  tonight.?

My heart bleeds for you ? Rich living I wish , tea  toast and biscuits ? Hope you're looking after those muntjac for me ?

4 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

My heart bleeds for you ? Rich living I wish , tea  toast and biscuits ? Hope you're looking after those muntjac for me ?

Nobody is shooting them if that’s what you mean . They are everywhere I look . If you sit out in the morning or evening, it doesn’t matter where you are you will spot a munty.

Just now, shovel leaner said:

Nobody is shooting them if that’s what you mean . They are everywhere I look . If you sit out in the morning or evening, it doesn’t matter where you are you will spot a munty.

Sounds fantastic,  bring it on. Hope I can walk by then ?

6 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

What is it with feet at the minute? I have just got Gout and christ its painful , I cant walk and my foot feels paralysed.  Just waiting for the wife to pick up my prescription to relieve the pain and hopefully be able to walk again in a few days.

I feel you pain, I’m laid up now until at least next Tuesday ☹️ I’ve got to get myself back to the useless doctors tomorrow, no doubt for another prescription that does fu*k all, she can refer me to a dermatologist tomorrow or I’m asking to see another doctor 

19 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I feel you pain, I’m laid up now until at least next Tuesday ☹️ I’ve got to get myself back to the useless doctors tomorrow, no doubt for another prescription that does fu*k all, she can refer me to a dermatologist tomorrow or I’m asking to see another doctor 

That's bad mate , are your feet still the same ? Jesus what a pair ?

31 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

That's bad mate , are your feet still the same ? Jesus what a pair ?

Yeah, they are in a right state ? I maybe shouldn’t gone out after a buck last Saturday but the pull to be out was to strong 

Slate pah bloody luxury I used to live in a paper bag and eat coal.We were that poor we had to get up for work 30 minutes before bedtime. In my day during the war pull up a sandbag il tell you all about it ??

• Haha 2