Back up at the shoot

37 minutes ago, si brown said:

Yeah.... there must be some late Cubs about, it’s been taking a lot. 
my mate said to unit manager, is it worth £20... the fcuker just laughed at him?

it takes me about 3 days to recover from a morning out with him ??

He wants to cage trap so Cubs and drop them around the pig units, I bet it would be worth 20 quid then

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

4 hours ago, si brown said:

Brilliant night lads, it’s ace when it all comes together?
I’ve got a really good mate that I’ve known 30 odd year, we’ve trapped and poached since we were school leavers thing is he’s an early riser as in in the field an hour before sunrise and I’m the last light kid!

This was his reward this morning and seen as though we’re doing bucks this was my last one two Sunday's ago last light, I couldn’t see it with eyes thank god for thermal and good glass. 
589A853D-DF4B-4B41-BC0B-03BDA8B0621E.jpeg.b8bacf634af51d14585b5e26bd931877.jpeg27E4A340-3BD7-4081-88A1-46ED35C91746.jpeg.62de205b524ac2bfec80e0dc6127ac3e.jpeg

here’s to you two having some good hide days with the new land??

How did that buck take his tea? ?☕

4 hours ago, Stavross said:

He wants to cage trap so Cubs and drop them around the pig units, I bet it would be worth 20 quid then

Tight fcukers.. I know what they got quoted for a “professional clear out”?

they declined... but lads like us do it for free so we don’t have to watch easterners 

7 hours ago, Stavross said:

Cheers ben and SL

I’m cuffed to bits for him, I think I’m right in thinking that the long one has shot his first fox, rabbit, roe doe, roe buck and pheasant with me and long may our adventures continue ?

Yep, your correct mate??And hopefully long may it continue????

Still smiling today, yesterday was such a perfect day. 

The Mrs found out I was keeping the skull?, her reaction was, "OMG, where are you putting it?"

Me," the heads going in the freezer till I get it done"

Mrs,"im never going in the freezer again" ???

Mrs, "then what you doing with it?" 

Me, "it's getting hung on the garage wall above my prep bench" 

Mrs, "Thank god for that I thought you were hanging it in the house" ?

• Like 1
On 28/05/2021 at 08:04, Stavross said:

I know it’s the right thing to do and I can handle feeling unwell for a couple of days but I can’t go through the skin thing again 

sod it, I’ll show you what my feet looked like last week ?

7CF389E7-3E88-4B0D-91D6-D0C1158221F3.jpeg

939F3480-2BA8-430C-9150-1607365C1ED7.jpeg

What is it with feet at the minute? I have just got Gout and christ its painful , I cant walk and my foot feels paralysed.  Just waiting for the wife to pick up my prescription to relieve the pain and hopefully be able to walk again in a few days.

• Sad 1
32 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yep he suffered with it too. What's happened to him anyone know ?

I’ve asked the same question, we heard that he is fine , but just having a break for his own reasons . I don’t think he was pissed off with anything, just having a break . I’ve done the same . It’s a bit weird, because the longer you leave it the more people wonder what’s wrong and there is probably nothing wrong . You just get out of the habit . Then when you come back on you don’t want a fuss , “ glad you are back “stuff . 

Yep sometimes you just need a break from stuff and clear your mind. Just recently after speaking to a guy who contemplated suicide , he said after speaking with a life coach the best advice was to assess what and who is important. I then thought about this and deleted loads of phone numbers and dropped out of my shoot as realised they weren't necessary.  It was like a weight had been lifted from my shoulders and from now on I only do what I want when I want ....

• Like 2

Went to check out this plantation that was planted 30 years ago I’d guess, I remember the old keeper planting it and it was before my youngest daughter was born and she is 26 now . Last year the harvester went in to thin it out and as they usually do they made a mess with all the branches scattered everywhere making walking difficult. I have been looking for runs for my snares , but all my old favourites have been ruined. One thing to come of the thinning is that sunlight is now able to reach the ground and Mother Nature has carpeted the plantation in a sea of cow parsley and forget me nots . I then spotted a roe doe with her ears twitching, as I moved closer she didn’t run off , “ she’s got a young un “ I thought. I had a mooch and sure enough I was privileged to see what most do not, a new born deer . 

EAF0DA1F-E6A9-4D7F-A3C0-BB3B978D1284.jpeg

A2839C5E-8DD9-4B9C-BAA4-918459CF55B0.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4