Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, David.evans said:

Your far better stav having itchy bollocks that catching COVID mate 

I know Dave and people are telling me to have it but if you’d  seen the pictures of my feet that I had to send to the doctor you’d understand why I’m a bit hesitant ( I can send you them if you want, put you right off your tea ?)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

My mate who I work with is going for his second one now so it’s 50/50 if he makes it to work tomorrow 

I was Ill  the day after my first then ok but after a few days the the rash and itching started and I felt terrible, I was in bed for 3 days, my skin still isn’t right, the doctor said they don’t think it will happen with the second but I’m not sure I want to risk it 

Just got back from hospital, had some cortisone injections in me shoulder and apparently it messes with your immune system so I can’t have me second jab for at least a month..

one way to put it off?

• Haha 1

Had them both not a twinge but 4 people at week had the "Stavros reaction " .

Sick as dogs ,rash the whole works guess it's luck of the draw .

But Dave is spot on covid killed my uncle, brother in law and a good friend so a no brainer decision for our family. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for your loss BC 

It was and still is a shit carry on , but there is light a the end of the tunnel for the fortunate that have not caught this terrible thing , 

IF YOU HAVE BOTH JABS. 
know what I mean stav , 

be brave mate , and get it done ??

and you SI 

• Thanks 1

I have had both jabs , but I had Pfizer, nothing more than an arm ache. I can understand not wanting to go through all that itching crap though , sounds grim  . I don’t think I’d have been up for a second dose , but the doc did say that it was unlikely to cause a bad reaction the second time .

• Like 2

I know it’s the right thing to do and I can handle feeling unwell for a couple of days but I can’t go through the skin thing again 

sod it, I’ll show you what my feet looked like last week ?

7CF389E7-3E88-4B0D-91D6-D0C1158221F3.jpeg

939F3480-2BA8-430C-9150-1607365C1ED7.jpeg

• Sad 1

After I sent the pictures in they said “ come down now?” all they could do is give me antibiotics and treat them like burns, I’ll be able to start using a steroid cream next week to start repairing the skin ?it’s cost me about 150 quid in prescriptions and bandages, which is not good for a northern lad

• Sad 2
44 minutes ago, Stavross said:

After I sent the pictures in they said “ come down now?” all they could do is give me antibiotics and treat them like burns, I’ll be able to start using a steroid cream next week to start repairing the skin ?it’s cost me about 150 quid in prescriptions and bandages, which is not good for a northern lad

That's horrendous mate. I've not had the jabs and wont be either. My natural antibodies will just have to protect me. Which jab did you have.