Back up at the shoot

Up to the sheep farm tonight ( after a detour to FH’s to collect the buck ) met my mate there who is on a lifetime centrefire ban ( you know the one ), I took him the .17 for a bit of bunny bashing, he managed 5 for 5 shots, he shot one which was without doubt the longest rabbit I’ve ever seen shot with a .17, if only he could do that with a proper rifle. We did seen one fox but sadly it was in next doors field full of horses, I swear it knew I couldn’t take the shot, it knew we were there with the wind blowing from behind us, but just sat there about 80ish yards away Looking at us before turning and trotting off ☹️
anyway one happy farmer thanks to FH and a few rabbits busted so not a total wasted evening ?

5D365899-9A03-4335-8A25-B4E19E0B4D66.jpeg

• Like 9

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Popped up to one of my rabbit permissions last night just to to see what the numbers were like , disappointed as there wasnt much about . Expected to see lots of young bunnies but nothing , even the pregnant does I shot weren't that far on . I'm sure it will change over the next month though.  Started off taking a rook off a fresh barley drilling followed by a rat with a large abscess on its side. Saw plenty hares, mallard,  geese but not many rabbits ?? On dusk I popped back to where I shot the rat as the holes in the hedgerow were well used and ended up having some great fun zapping the long tails with my .22 ?

20210512_185806.jpg

20210512_202021.jpg

20210512_234700.jpg

• Like 5
6 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Popped up to one of my rabbit permissions last night just to to see what the numbers were like , disappointed as there wasnt much about . Expected to see lots of young bunnies but nothing , even the pregnant does I shot weren't that far on . I'm sure it will change over the next month though.  Started off taking a rook off a fresh barley drilling followed by a rat with a large abscess on its side. Saw plenty hares, mallard,  geese but not many rabbits ?? On dusk I popped back to where I shot the rat as the holes in the hedgerow were well used and ended up having some great fun zapping the long tails with my .22 ?

20210512_185806.jpg

20210512_202021.jpg

20210512_234700.jpg

Good result Mark, well done fella??

A quick run up to the shoot tonight to drop off 12 poultry drinkers kindly donated, I had a walk round, topped up the feeders where the birds were waiting for me, the bluebells are out in full bloom which is nice to see, one thing that wasn’t nice to see was the amount off egg shells on the track around the farm ☹️I did see a few fallow, first time in a while and splatted 3 more rabbits with the.223

55F95586-FC18-4EE6-9DAA-BA056E8AC23E.jpeg

A63A6C33-7D94-41C3-8339-432103CCD77A.jpeg

0E291179-CA24-4DFD-8172-D0B8AD884654.jpeg

• Like 1

Well no luck on the stalking front today , out at 4.30am and saw 3 does. Out again this evening saw 3 does and the old buck I've been after , seen him 4 times so far but no joy. My challenge for this year is to get him as he is a wise old boy. 

20210515_203446.jpg

• Like 1

Rural police, they said they were looking for people running dogs, wasn’t interested in the rifles in the back, if that had of been around the town they would of had armed response over to check them out 

• Like 1