Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

I agree but bit difficult at minute on £75 a week dole and Mrs locked down. On the bones of my arse ?

Yep! a lot of folk are having a bad time of it lately. 

Once this virus is under control i hope we can get back to some form of normality. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ianm said:

Yep! a lot of folk are having a bad time of it lately. 

Once this virus is under control i hope we can get back to some form of normality. 

Cant come quick enough , I got 2 job offers in October but still no start dates. Chased one yesterday to be told low volumes of work so no start date and chased the other today , no reply yet. Will need to start looking again next week.

56 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Cant come quick enough , I got 2 job offers in October but still no start dates. Chased one yesterday to be told low volumes of work so no start date and chased the other today , no reply yet. Will need to start looking again next week.

What do you do?

On 20/01/2021 at 22:52, FOXHUNTER said:

Cheers . I have around  3000 pics taken over the last 30 odd years cover g.most British quarry.  It was always part of my day to takes pics as memories are precious. 

Spot on FH, things changed regarding photos as memories when smart phones took over. You still can't beat picking up a proper photo. My dad couldn't have said a truer word when he said " everyone takes all these photos on there mobile, but if you lose your mobile all the memories are lost". "At least we got them developed and kept the memories in a box". 

• Like 1
On 21/01/2021 at 15:40, David.evans said:

Well I decided to tart up the tikka 233 , don’t know why but this new stock 

fits like a glove , so I’m of out to do some essential pest control ?

just though I’d give you a look 

Atb 8C081017-24CA-442D-B997-045BD9210E03.jpeg.55c076ba4985aed18a16079d89349d33.jpeg

Nice, very nice??I keep thinking on changing to something similar for the 308. What stock is it Dave? 

Got my exercise  this morning.

Mixture of snow and sun. Good sporting shots.

Watched four snipe fly by in the snowfall. 

20210123_103613.jpg.404f65441cad54f354f339837ccb5156.jpg

There was a few regular shots going off around me which was comforting.

I'm knackered really. I was out chasing dogging foxs until midnight but no shot.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Got my exercise  this morning.

Mixture of snow and sun. Good sporting shots.

Watched four snipe fly by in the snowfall. 

20210123_103613.jpg.404f65441cad54f354f339837ccb5156.jpg

There was a few regular shots going off around me which was comforting.

I'm knackered really. I was out chasing dogging foxs until midnight but no shot.

Well done SD , I keep thinking about going out but then I cant be bothered, bloody Covid. On the plus side I am definitely out tomorrow afternoon as have an order for a roe. Hopefully that will spur me on to get back out there ?

• Like 1
On 19/01/2021 at 20:16, FOXHUNTER said:

Off the subject of bikes as I know nothing about them , just received a pic from my mate of his new FX Crown. 25 which he has just picked up running at 72 ft/lb.  Cant wait to see it perform once the weather brightens. 

IMG-20210119-WA0000.jpg

Just got pic off my mate .Christened FX Crown with 121 yd crow

IMG-20210123-WA0000.jpg

• Like 2