Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

V twins are so much fun ?

They were the last produced motorcycle  with carbs and I think the largest carbs fitted to a factory bike. 38mm I think.

I always liked v twins, just for grunt, but I think my 2 favourite bikes I’ve owned were my KTM 640 supermoto, 4 stroke single, it’s might of only fired once every lamppost but you could lift the front end in every gear and it’s was unbelievably fast around country roads and my last bike that got nicked, a Kawasaki er6n mini twin, I bought it new in 2010 because it was cheap, and was shocked at how well it handled and how easy it was to Chuck around the roads

9 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

V twins are so much fun ?

They were the last produced motorcycle  with carbs and I think the largest carbs fitted to a factory bike. 38mm I think.

I always liked v twins, just for grunt, but I think my 2 favourite bikes I’ve owned were my KTM 640 supermoto, 4 stroke single, it’s might of only fired once every lamppost but you could lift the front end in every gear and it’s was unbelievably fast around country roads and my last bike that got nicked, a Kawasaki er6n mini twin, I bought it new in 2010 because it was cheap, and was shocked at how well it handled and how easy it was to Chuck around the roads

13 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Must be getting old mate, your repeating yourself ?

• Haha 2
29 minutes ago, Stavross said:

The little  650n is a good bike. Nearly bought one myself. It took over where the  Suzuki sv650 left off. Sorry it got nicked.

Never tried the ktm but know lads that have had them.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Off the subject of bikes as I know nothing about them , just received a pic from my mate of his new FX Crown. 25 which he has just picked up running at 72 ft/lb.  Cant wait to see it perform once the weather brightens. 

IMG-20210119-WA0000.jpg

Cant  knock a .25 air rifle. Awesome thumper.

11 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

The little  650n is a good bike. Nearly bought one myself. It took over where the  Suzuki sv650 left off. Sorry it got nicked.

Never tried the ktm but know lads that have had them.

The more I think about it, I think I’ll have a look for a little er6 for the summer you can pick them up for a couple of grand now

the old KTM’s ( especially the motocross) had a terrible reputation for things going wrong and not starting KTM used to stand for KICK FOR TWENTY MINUTES 

Edited by Stavross
1 minute ago, Stavross said:

The more I think about it, I think I’ll have a look for a little er6 for the summer you can pick them up for a couple of grand now

the old KTM’s ( especially the motocross) had a terrible reputation for things going wrong and not starting KTM used to stand for KICK FOR 20 MINUTES 

Run out of likes ?