Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

20 minutes ago, ianm said:

Second picture, kin ell Stav when things get back to normal you want to join a gym and get some work done on them arms! ?

And get to a beauty salon as he has dog shiť for eyebrows! 

• Haha 3

Bit of sad news for me . My very good friend and keeper of a local commercial shoot handed his notice in the other day and will be gone by February 4th . He is moving to a 4,500 acre shoot in Northumberland. It’s a good move for him but I will be sad to see him go , he is probably the best keeper I’ve met . Most are big headed ego maniacs with zero people skills . My friend is different, he never loses his cool and is friendly and sociable . He is probably one of the best terrier men I’ve ever met too , his kennels are full of some of the best patterdale terriers you will find anywhere . His wife and mine have become very good friends and she is already making plans to visit . But in reality he might as well move to Australia as Northumberland is 7-8 hours drive . 

• Sad 5
7 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Bit of sad news for me . My very good friend and keeper of a local commercial shoot handed his notice in the other day and will be gone by February 4th . He is moving to a 4,500 acre shoot in Northumberland. It’s a good move for him but I will be sad to see him go , he is probably the best keeper I’ve met . Most are big headed ego maniacs with zero people skills . My friend is different, he never loses his cool and is friendly and sociable . He is probably one of the best terrier men I’ve ever met too , his kennels are full of some of the best patterdale terriers you will find anywhere . His wife and mine have become very good friends and she is already making plans to visit . But in reality he might as well move to Australia as Northumberland is 7-8 hours drive . 

Not many good'ns left mate ?

• Like 1

Does anyone else watch Perfect planet? I’ve just watched the second one and it blows my mind, the Arctic hares are amazing, I had no idea they gather in their hundreds like that and the wasp that pollinates the figs was just weird 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shovel leaner said:

Ffs sake mate .Take big boots to fill that role won’t  it .

8 hours ago, Stavross said:

Does anyone else watch Perfect planet? I’ve just watched the second one and it blows my mind, the Arctic hares are amazing, I had no idea they gather in their hundreds like that and the wasp that pollinates the figs was just weird 

I watched it stav yes. Very good it was.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Ffs sake mate .Take big boots to fill that role won’t  it .

It will . To rear and release 40,000 on an acreage of that size with only one under keeper is hard work. I don’t blame him for moving. The place he is going sounds fantastic, and he says he always wanted a rich foreigner to work for . Money is no object it would seem in his new position. It’s a bit of a shame that we couldn’t give him a good send off party . We used to have some good do’s up there .

2 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

It will . To rear and release 40,000 on an acreage of that size with only one under keeper is hard work. I don’t blame him for moving. The place he is going sounds fantastic, and he says he always wanted a rich foreigner to work for . Money is no object it would seem in his new position. It’s a bit of a shame that we couldn’t give him a good send off party . We used to have some good do’s up there .

Which part of Northumberland SL , beautiful country on my doorstep. 

2 hours ago, Dervburner said:

No snow here, birds nesting instead. Collared dove flew off and I found this. The egg was warm so it’s sitting already.....?

7046548C-7041-42FB-800C-EDF96A217044.jpeg

5B04170F-D4F2-49B4-AA57-99973DB03019.jpeg

They do in January  but what's getting me is a woodie sitting in my back yard and I've heard them cooing  everywhere!