Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Any suggestions lads ......

Ive been ,shall we say ,let go from several shooting forums and wondered if there are any I’m missing out on .Let go from SD ,ARF ,M ,PW and now UK V .So much to give yet I’m misunderstand on so many levels .Any more I’m missing please .

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, Stavross said:

Have you got to isolate for 10 days now? My missus had the vaccine yesterday 

Already been isolating for 10 days   which is up on Tuesday thank God. I am going insane ? That's all of us with it , Mrs  ,me and daughter.

Edited by FOXHUNTER

My sister had a positive test a few weeks ago but wasn't ill, neither were my 87 yr old parents that she lives with. When the bloke from the nhs track and trace phoned her, he said about 30% of the results are wrong. 

Mum finished self isolation on Wednesday due to a muppet visit by a man who knew he had covid ?.

Bad enough for her Christmas ruined but not seeing family and grandkids and Tuesday was her 80th birthday so no celebration. 

Our part of Leicestershire hasn't had a nominated vaccine centre yet either. This Chinese bug has destroyed normal life as we all no it .

Just hope when we're all vaccinated some sort of normal returns 

• Sad 1
14 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Ive been ,shall we say ,let go from several shooting forums and wondered if there are any I’m missing out on .Let go from SD ,ARF ,M ,PW and now UK V .So much to give yet I’m misunderstand on so many levels .Any more I’m missing please .

Just stop here mate, quality over quantity.... ?

• Like 3
15 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Here seems the most grown up forum ,everybody sort of self -polices themselves and accepts we dont agree with everybody all the time .If we all agree it would be boring central and simple answer if people dont like what you put they can ignore it and move <or jog ??>on .

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Back up at the shoot this morning for a bit of feeding, the missus came with me and we went in her car because mine is out of action, not a bit of snow when we set off from home, by the time we got to the shoot it was 4” deep and by the time we got to the farm it was between 6/8”. Got the bike out and headed to the piggeries drives, I’ve now cut down the feeding and I’m just feeding in a handful of places under cover, I’ve worked out that I should be able to feed until the end of March with what’s there, so with just taking a few cock birds for those who want them I won’t be shooting any numbers for the next couple of months ( hopefully not at all ) the commercial I know culled 770 yesterday and said there’s between 2500 and 3500 still to do ( a mix of pheasant and partridge) 

5A4A8DB6-C67E-43F0-B356-B1FD0701CA4D.jpeg

4F4CBB86-AABB-48E9-A486-16F0BBE5639A.jpeg

EBBD6B0F-6F71-40DA-A44C-5747E93DE93D.jpeg

• Like 4