Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

So getting the .223 wasn't the start of chavness!! 

Definitely not ? I was all glow sticks, white gloves and whistles ? my mate sent me a video a while back ( I think it’s on YouTube) and I think I’m 17, I look like I’m not quite sure what’s going on for some reason ? very different times and a small miracle that I’ve grown up to be a sensible pillar of the community ?

• Haha 5
5 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Definitely not ? I was all glow sticks, white gloves and whistles ? my mate sent me a video a while back ( I think it’s on YouTube) and I think I’m 17, I look like I’m not quite sure what’s going on for some reason ? very different times and a small miracle that I’ve grown up to be a sensible pillar of the community ?

Hehe ? sure I can't imagine why you were dazed & confused! 

I can't talk mate, when I was 17 I thought I was Kurt cobain reincarnated; long hair, pierced lip, ripped jeans & i was even lead singer in the greatest punk-grunge band to perform in betws y coed!! 

• Haha 2

My mate had a report of a fox seen in a game cover on Tuesday and another spotted at the back of his place , so last night the plan was to target both of them. On arrival at the shoot if was raining heavy so sat in the motor for 1/2 an hour until it eased. Got set up on some bales and it started blowing a gale and peeing down  again ? Vixen mating call was playing and it wasnt long  before a fox was coming in from a long way out , followed it til it disappeared into the game crop and then reappeared at around 100 yds , a dog fox accounted for 

20201223_212206.jpg

• Like 4

Not so much " back up the shoot" but back up between two shoots ?.

COLLAGE_20201224_171234.jpg.138960c318ffd44377183b7c8279cef7.jpg

COLLAGE_20201224_171609.jpg.1a66bd11a75a31d0d11d3290ae7c58fc.jpg

What a grand morning down here. Cold and fresh. Nice sun.

I was there early, first light but had to return  home......I had forgotten  the caps ?‍♂️. All in all 28 miles by the time I had doubled up the journey today  ?. Muppet.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
6 hours ago, Stavross said:

Had some rare nights up at tall trees stav, it was like the Wild West before it went?

Good job you ain’t got kids cos there’s a hole load of mums n dads they’ll meet that will expose your old ways?

Na not me.. don’t no what ya on about?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, FOXHUNTER said:

My mate had a report of a fox seen in a game cover on Tuesday and another spotted at the back of his place , so last night the plan was to target both of them. On arrival at the shoot if was raining heavy so sat in the motor for 1/2 an hour until it eased. Got set up on some bales and it started blowing a gale and peeing down  again ? Vixen mating call was playing and it wasnt long  before a fox was coming in from a long way out , followed it til it disappeared into the game crop and then reappeared at around 100 yds , a dog fox accounted for 

20201223_212206.jpg

I've got one on camera. Just after 8pm, 2am and 6am he visits the stink pit.

Then it was off to try for the other fox which had been spotted ? Entered field where it had been seen , a hand squeak and there it was in the far hedge . Kept calling and had it come in nice and steady , this time a vixen ? So a very successful night with both foxes targeted accounted for ??

20201223_220819.jpg

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I was there early, first light but had to return  home......I had forgotten  the caps ?‍♂️. All in all 28 miles by the time I had doubled up the journey today  ?. Muppet.

Bloody hell looks like a summers day , snowing here today ???

• Sad 1
6 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Arr Bernard, you do please me with pictures of your front stuffing ways ??

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I've got one on camera. Just after 8pm, 2am and 6am he visits the stink pit.

I put a camera out the other day as me mate was saying there’s a fox about!

so I left him a partridge and a couple of pigeons.. came back next day and the partridge was gone and the pigeons were half bearied.. thought I was game on till is saw the culprit, the biggest rat I’ve seen.. it’s wrestling with partridge here ?

D9AAA501-1BDE-49F4-8D11-FE4DE70C39AC.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1