Back up at the shoot

5 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

I know how Noah felt now . I’m seriously thinking about constructing an ark . There has been little let up in the rain here for a while , and the ground is saturated. On Saturday I had to forego shooting a drive that I’d planned because it would be near impossible to get the guns on their pegs . Fields where you would see pheasants, now have ducks and geese , and even a couple of herons.   Spinning in the morning is a nightmare, just trying to find a bit of ground that isn’t waterlogged to lay the wheat on is difficult. Then descending some of the banks in the mule has my arse nipping , put it into low box , handbrake off and start sliding, it goes against the grain to hit the gas to engage the engine braking, but if I hit the brakes I would be doing an Eddie Edwards . Every day I take my life in my hands . Last year was the wettest I’d known and now this year isn’t far off . If it carries on I’m going to develop webbed feet .

Was out the other night, we’ve had a month of it... it’s been a nightmare?

thinking of taking a fishing rod with me for retrieving stuff:( 

386AC859-8B28-4F70-B18C-0CFF9DDED038.jpeg.c412a6e9be9449111dcc9de010daa16e.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Was out last night and I needed a hovercraft. About 3" of cloying mud awash with water and colder than an Eskimo outside toilet.

Weird nothing of a night no badgers ,foxes and very few bunnies called Billy no mates.

Headshot a bunny and guts open for bait ,called for about 2 hours even vixen mating didn't work.A weird 3 n half hours in total capped off by a bloody munty trying to headbut my car driving home.

And soon as both local rivers have gone over the roads will be closed as well ?‍♂️

Back up feeding this morning and it’s the first time it’s been a proper winter’s morning, crisp under foot with a very pale sunrise , the birds are still taking the feed and there’s definitely enough in 3 of the drives for another good day, I’ve just got to keep my eye on the news to see if we are getting locked down again, if so, I’ll be putting a day in between Christmas and new year ?

5DDFB593-674B-42A7-AF36-6F0509ECECB0.jpeg

211A3FC4-54D9-4777-B21C-A018129A773F.jpeg

9B48016E-1404-4B2A-AC77-6DB211420576.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

Squirrel  mania for me. Another 17 down. Not all in the photo.

IMG_20201222_104135.jpg.42054e39885894a07707c8ea17bb0dad.jpg

Lovely morning. 

IMG_20201222_085852.jpg.e24061514d9e148b8278f7400c316223.jpg

That's my kind of day , 17 is my personal best but we haven't got massive amounts.Ive been stalking on a few estates down South and there was hundreds running about but noone seemed to control them , christ I would never be in ??

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Back up feeding this morning and it’s the first time it’s been a proper winter’s morning, crisp under foot with a very pale sunrise , the birds are still taking the feed and there’s definitely enough in 3 of the drives for another good day, I’ve just got to keep my eye on the news to see if we are getting locked down again, if so, I’ll be putting a day in between Christmas and new year ?

5DDFB593-674B-42A7-AF36-6F0509ECECB0.jpeg

211A3FC4-54D9-4777-B21C-A018129A773F.jpeg

9B48016E-1404-4B2A-AC77-6DB211420576.jpeg

Excellent  photography stav ?

• Like 1