Back up at the shoot

With half an hour of daylight left and nothing showing I decided to check out the other side , just as I was stalking through the wood I got a glimpse of a roe sneaking out over the bank. I had a brilliant stalk on it as it was unsighted up a hedgerow. I eventually spotted it behind a tree and used this to my advantage stalking into around eighty yds. Set up on my quads and dropped it on the spot ?20201121_163359.jpg.e0fa0faad9194a5f4c85def1b5c5abb5.jpg

Edited by FOXHUNTER
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

I feel sorry for Baldcoot!

I sometimes forget to count my blessings, i have a rough shoot just out side the village and the more formal driven shoot I'm in is 7 miles away.  The rough shoot is more of a conservation project as the farmer and i are keen to look after the Grey Partridge and lapwing populations we have, so a lot of vermin control seems to be paying off. I get to walk around and rough shoot when ever i want but don't shoot any greys.

I took the Kids 28 bore around yesterday, probably walked about 7 miles, what a joy to shoot and carry the little gun is.  Shot three pheasant's with three shots and thoroughly enjoyed some good spaniel work.  Saw 8 roe deer while out though and as we are planting some new trees i know what i will be doing next weekend

28 bore.jpg

• Like 8
8 hours ago, sparky the hunter said:

I feel sorry for Baldcoot!

I sometimes forget to count my blessings, i have a rough shoot just out side the village and the more formal driven shoot I'm in is 7 miles away.  The rough shoot is more of a conservation project as the farmer and i are keen to look after the Grey Partridge and lapwing populations we have, so a lot of vermin control seems to be paying off. I get to walk around and rough shoot when ever i want but don't shoot any greys.

I took the Kids 28 bore around yesterday, probably walked about 7 miles, what a joy to shoot and carry the little gun is.  Shot three pheasant's with three shots and thoroughly enjoyed some good spaniel work.  Saw 8 roe deer while out though and as we are planting some new trees i know what i will be doing next weekend

28 bore.jpg

Much prefer a rough shoot to a formal driven shoot , I like nothing  better than raking about the hedgerows not knowing what you will flush. What part of Northumberland were you shooting?

• Like 2

Well out stalking again this afternoon , this time on my mates ground ,socially distancing of course. The weather was nice again so knew we would see a few but didn't expect seeing 18 ? Anyway for one reason or another there was no safe shots until right on last knockings. This mature doe stood long enough on the edge of cover for a shot ?

20201122_162222.jpg

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Well out stalking again this afternoon , this time on my mates ground ,socially distancing of course. The weather was nice again so knew we would see a few but didn't expect seeing 18 ? Anyway for one reason or another there was no safe shots until right on last knockings. This mature doe stood long enough on the edge of cover for a shot ?

20201122_162222.jpg

Good shooting Mark?but more importantly, did you get back in time for the dance off???

?

55 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

20201122_162222.jpg

She looks a fat'n.

Gòod shot. How far?