Back up at the shoot

17 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Me too , I was read the riot act on Sunday by the wife  , my youngest daughter who is 25 brought her boyfriend home for Sunday dinner . It’s only the second boyfriend she had brought home and she seems keen , and I’m keen for her to move out , so I behaved myself, made a bit of small talk , tried to sound interested in his job ? , good grief. Nobody told me parenting was this hard .

Not long after my daughter started school I was picking her up when two other dads came over & asked if I'd like to join their "dads rules" WhatsApp group....I'd rather boil my own head in a bucket of piss! "No thanks" 

• Haha 6

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Full moon Monday night lit up like a Christmas tree ,just had to get out before lockdown. ?

Typical this "lockdown "we can still go out .Saw nowt but bunnies the badger boys have left a desert again ?

Do you  think the cullers have taken all the foxes and deer too ?

The 2 roe does have gone ,the munties have gone .Those Roe were the first "residents " for 4 years .

Foxes are transient on this farm so you get them as  and when they appear. 

Never had a herd on here but I was hoping the Roe would draw some bucks in so I left them alone .

Happened last March too so fingers crossed  more will move in the vacant territory atb

• Like 1
16 hours ago, David.evans said:

Yep mate just read that , 

the bit that bothers me is the short journey to exercise, my nearest perm is 30m 

looks like I’m feked 

They haven't defined "short journey" so the onus is on them to do so. As that would involve a court case and them having to spend lots of dosh they don't have, i am reasonably confident you won't get challenged on it.

• Like 2

Well first day over and the last for at least 5 weeks, we were light on beaters and guns today as it was a last minute thing but we made the best of it. It was a bit different with the social distancing and no stopping at 11, but it didn’t put to much of a dampener on things, the drive before lunch produced some lovely birds with my sheep farmer mate Mosh in the thick of it, bagging himself 10 birds on that drive, he was in the action on the last drive of the day, taking another 8, I didn’t think they would fly very well today with no wind but they did fly well for most of the drives, I had a little go myself and managed a couple, longshanx also bagged himself a few so in the end a good day was had by all, the count was 50 birds picked with a few more not found, so that’s me sorted for pheasant curry for a while. We just need to be able to keep the birds on the shoot for the next 5 weeks now ?

D535C204-0259-4402-A665-EAB46EC764E4.jpeg

7F752D90-7F88-4520-B49E-E82B66BFF4FE.jpeg

B0B6A490-06C1-48B2-808D-27E06A10256C.jpeg

38389C1F-64B4-4413-A295-ADD3A88373EF.jpeg

• Like 10