Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Shooting tomorrow, it’s going to be wet . I was beating on Wednesday on a mates shoot and got soaked. Thunder , lightning and big  hail stones . I was questioning my sanity , why am I doing this for £30 ? I know tomorrow that the team will be there in the rain with me , helping to make it happen, and with a smile on their faces .  They don’t do it for the money ( well a couple of them  do ) and enjoy the day out with their dogs come rain or shine . If you are beating tomorrow,  my hats off to you . The unsung heroes of driven shooting. 

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Shooting tomorrow, it’s going to be wet . I was beating on Wednesday on a mates shoot and got soaked. Thunder , lightning and big  hail stones . I was questioning my sanity , why am I doing this for £30 ? I know tomorrow that the team will be there in the rain with me , helping to make it happen, and with a smile on their faces .  They don’t do it for the money ( well a couple of them  do ) and enjoy the day out with their dogs come rain or shine . If you are beating tomorrow,  my hats off to you . The unsung heroes of driven shooting. 

Well, thank you very much SL. I’d rather be beating than standing, but I much prefer walked up than driven. Have a good day tomorrow ??

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Stay safe mate.

• Thanks 1
On 25/10/2020 at 20:41, Stavross said:

Have any of you lot watched meat eater on Netflix, it’s a bit over the top American but it’s good to see how it’s done over there, bow hunting elk and shooting sika with front stuffers, the respect he has for his environment and the animals he hunts is superb ?

I enjoy those programs . I know what you mean about the respect he has for what he does . Am I the only one who gets a bit fed up with justifying our sport to the non hunting audience? Try Tim Wellsbow Bow Hunter  “ Relentless pursuit “ . Amazing footage , he kills bears with bows and arrows, spears and believe it or not a blow pipe !!! And he is totally unapologetic, “ this is what I do , don’t like it ? Don’t watch it “ . I find his attitude refreshing.

• Like 3
34 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

We've cancelled our shoot tomorrow as 45mph winds and heavy rain , that's not fun and postponed til next Saturday. 

6 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

We've cancelled our shoot tomorrow as 45mph winds and heavy rain , that's not fun and postponed til next Saturday. 

There is no chance for us to do that , it’s pretty much set in stone , we are shooting nearly every Saturday. It will sure make it interesting ? 

Oh, I think it’s because it’s on my news app on my phone, no idea how to make it so you can read it ( it’s in the independent)

basically, it’s the government bending over ( AGAIN) and been shafted by wild Justice, it looks like as from next year you will have to have a license to release pheasant and partridge, because wild Justice have said they are an invasive species and have a detrimental effect on indigenous animals, nothing about how much good we do by controlling pests/predators  and feeding everything else not just the birds we put down ? rant over ( for now )

• Sad 1