Back up at the shoot

Well it was the 1st shoot today but unfortunately the weather hadn't read the script. It was misty and drizzle all day so consequently never saw as many pheasants as was expecting but we had a bonus first thing as there was some 70 greylags on a stubble which we managed to drive over the guns with the youngest member (14) taking his 1st goose ? Luckily our ducks flew great and I took a couple of screamers which I was chuffed with. We still flushed quite a few pheasants but they never really flew due to being soaked. Hopefully get a dry day next shoot and bagging a few more pheasants. 20201017_143348.jpg.2a665f4777d3ac2b9f104b8d7c8ea12e.jpg

• Like 10

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Looks like you had a good day, let a few bangs off, there’s no better shooting than duck in my opinion ?

I didn't think the duck would fly as haven't seen them up myself so told the guns not to expect much. Made a fool out of me they flew very high , great shooting. We took a few then watched them come back in , they were flying in all directions. Makes your day when you drop a couple of screamers ?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Story to this but out ratting now ??

A3D050A6-DC30-4955-ACF6-84EABEB5081C.jpeg

Following on from the anti visit to another farm few days ago we met same two honeys again last night .This time they watched from a hill before plucking up courage to venture down to us .They had thermal too so no point hiding .

Could see them getting closer and then the abuse started .If you’ve ever looked at a women in a thermal at night ,the crutch area glows up proper ,just a pointer lol.

The abuse was same old ,” killed any innocent animals tonight you b*****ds “etc 

When they were about 30 yards off my mate says to the bolder one “Do you keep parrots “and rather than wait for the reply he followed up with the punch line “ because you walk like you’ve had a cock or two “.I nearly fell over laughing ,the bigger women upped the volume turned and left .I added “ see what you mean mate ,couldn’t stop a pig in a passage “.

We got filmed this time so maybe a Facebook star I don’t know .

This farm was f****d so on to the next checking for a tail but none followed .

This fox was out in the middle of a ploughed field with something at its feet glowing in the thermal .

Took him at 147 paces .Found a black cat with him with a half eaten head .Farm used to be plagued with ferals one time but we cleared a load out .
Foxes apparently ain’t  all that bad ??

• Haha 7

A bit later on in the day and the birds have started to move back towards the pen and feed areas, so seeing a few more sets my mind at ease a little, I stumbled across a tree rat chewing the side of one of the wooden feeders, so fed it with the .22, on a day in the autumn with a bit of sun this is a great place to be ?

8A2AB4EE-4A42-409C-BFCA-231726343FFD.jpeg

14B66D5A-04C1-483C-A00B-E2E037444027.jpeg

F8EDDB9C-5EC0-4C60-ACA5-404B42180B6D.jpeg

• Like 7
18 hours ago, foxdropper said:

Following on from the anti visit to another farm few days ago we met same two honeys again last night .This time they watched from a hill before plucking up courage to venture down to us .They had thermal too so no point hiding .

Could see them getting closer and then the abuse started .If you’ve ever looked at a women in a thermal at night ,the crutch area glows up proper ,just a pointer lol.

The abuse was same old ,” killed any innocent animals tonight you b*****ds “etc 

When they were about 30 yards off my mate says to the bolder one “Do you keep parrots “and rather than wait for the reply he followed up with the punch line “ because you walk like you’ve had a cock or two “.I nearly fell over laughing ,the bigger women upped the volume turned and left .I added “ see what you mean mate ,couldn’t stop a pig in a passage “.

We got filmed this time so maybe a Facebook star I don’t know .

This farm was f****d so on to the next checking for a tail but none followed .

This fox was out in the middle of a ploughed field with something at its feet glowing in the thermal .

Took him at 147 paces .Found a black cat with him with a half eaten head .Farm used to be plagued with ferals one time but we cleared a load out .
Foxes apparently ain’t  all that bad ??

I like the parrot put down , that’s going in the memory bank . I don’t tend to be disrespectful to women , even when provoked. I tend to ignore them and take the moral high ground . But there are some poisonous bitches amongst those antis that are well practiced in pushing your buttons. 
          Have you noticed that there is a certain “type” ?  Mad cat ladies!!! They think that because they don’t agree with what you are doing that they can say what they like with impunity. 

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I like the parrot put down , that’s going in the memory bank . I don’t tend to be disrespectful to women , even when provoked. I tend to ignore them and take the moral high ground . But there are some poisonous bitches amongst those antis that are well practiced in pushing your buttons. 
          Have you noticed that there is a certain “type” ?  Mad cat ladies!!! They think that because they don’t agree with what you are doing that they can say what they like with impunity. 

Spot on mate .This particular wench was late 40s maybe but still used her gender to expect respect .She would of got it if she’d given us some and not screamed from the outset .

My days out hunting did me no favours with respecting women ,some of the very worst things said have come from them knowing full well you arnt going to smack them being the gentlemen we are .

• Like 1