Back up at the shoot

Another ball ache of a job, bagging up feed wheat. My mates old man came out when I was doing it, telling me to go easy, the price has shot up, it’s 200 quid a ton that you know. I said I don’t want milling wheat, to which he replied that’s not milling wheat, you will just have to see when I put my bill in and off he went, laughing, the old bugger ?

D065121D-7885-41B2-A3FD-5FCFBEE1D001.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Yeah, I just use the old pellet bags, we’ve always done it this way because it lets me keep an eye on how much feed is being used when others are going up to feed, if it was in dumpys there’s certain people that would get through it in a couple of days

• Like 1

Update on the sightmark wraith 

now I’m going to take a leaf out of meece’s book here, after playing about with it a bit, less is definitely more, now I’m a big fan of high mag, quality glass scopes but this thing works best on 4x mag and is crystal clear you are more than capable of dropping foxes at 100/120 at this mag and a single red dot Reticle is by far the best

this old dog was approximately 90 yards and the image was picture perfect, again it came off next doors shoot

i had a go at another one that was easily over 300 yards that I would of been more than confident with the vortex scope on but I had a clean miss, I think it was just a bit to much for the wraith ?

AC2B8A4B-DBB3-4F9A-9982-105E94043A47.jpeg

• Like 11
12 hours ago, Stavross said:

Update on the sightmark wraith 

now I’m going to take a leaf out of meece’s book here, after playing about with it a bit, less is definitely more, now I’m a big fan of high mag, quality glass scopes but this thing works best on 4x mag and is crystal clear you are more than capable of dropping foxes at 100/120 at this mag and a single red dot Reticle is by far the best

this old dog was approximately 90 yards and the image was picture perfect, again it came off next doors shoot

i had a go at another one that was easily over 300 yards that I would of been more than confident with the vortex scope on but I had a clean miss, I think it was just a bit to much for the wraith ?

AC2B8A4B-DBB3-4F9A-9982-105E94043A47.jpeg

Shot placement there mate, like a how to guide! 

?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, bumpy22 said:

Late night on foxes last night with the pard 008 plus impressing me more and more.

How do you find battery life with it mate? I've never been impressed with battery life but after talking to others who are im thinking mine might be bit dodgy 

Where have all my birds gone ? feeding this morning with the shoot captain, the birds have fully spread out now, walking around you wouldn’t think there was any about, but they are still munching their way through a lot of feed

BC611A28-4D5F-4C62-B69D-ED183693A998.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1