Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

I have a motto I've lived by for 37 years on this green planet. Its not particularly genteel, certainly not airy fairy but its a motto nonetheless & it works for me

"You be a cuńt then I'll be a cuńt" works a treat. 

• Like 3

Well it certainly isn’t pretty but I bit the bullet so to speak and put a sightmark wraith on the .243, I was going for the pulsar digex but after playing with them both I couldn’t justify 600 quid more for the digex, so the plan is to save a bit more and buy another rifle just for the foxes and put the wraith on that and put the vortex back on the .243 ?

EB78594F-B5AD-4E03-9451-FBA624BA0B66.jpeg

382948A1-3C93-4C0B-9D8F-82F72C677ADF.jpeg

• Like 7

I’ve been waiting for you to test one . Looking forward to seeing how you get on with it . The reviews seem good . And for the money if the footage I’ve seen is to be believed, I reckon they represent good value for money. 
           Just looking at the pictures you’ve posted. , the scope looks like it’s quite far back on the rifle.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

Well it certainly isn’t pretty but I bit the bullet so to speak and put a sightmark wraith on the .243, I was going for the pulsar digex but after playing with them both I couldn’t justify 600 quid more for the digex, so the plan is to save a bit more and buy another rifle just for the foxes and put the wraith on that and put the vortex back on the .243 ?

EB78594F-B5AD-4E03-9451-FBA624BA0B66.jpeg

382948A1-3C93-4C0B-9D8F-82F72C677ADF.jpeg

Good stuff Stav ? Cant wait to have a look through it myself . Hope you focus it better than 260 rips.

• Haha 3

It does look quite far back but once you have the rifle mounted if anything it could come another half inch back, I’ve had a go with it in day mode and the clarity up to x16 mag is superb, it gets a little bit fuzzy above that, it’s very simple to use which is ideal for a simpleton like me, I’m going to my secret permission tonight to see how it is in the dark, so far I’m impressed with it, but it is bloody ugly 

• Like 3
Just now, Stavross said:

It does look quite far back but once you have the rifle mounted if anything it could come another half inch back, I’ve had a go with it in day mode and the clarity up to x16 mag is superb, it gets a little bit fuzzy above that, it’s very simple to use which is ideal for a simpleton like me, I’m going to my secret permission tonight to see how it is in the dark, so far I’m impressed with it, but it is bloody ugly 

I dont think it's that ugly. Good luck for tonight , hope you keep dry ?⛈ 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Good stuff Stav ? Cant wait to have a look through it myself . Hope you focus it better than 260 rips.

I don’t know how his videos are so bad, it has a focus ring on the front and if you turn it it brings it into focus really quickly ?

Just now, Stavross said:

I don’t know how his videos are so bad, it has a focus ring on the front and if you turn it it brings it into focus really quickly ?

It looked awful on his last video but he explained that's not the picture he sees through the scope. 

13 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Didnt realise it's only £600 seems like a bargain , might be tempted.

Yeah, it be cheap, by the time I put the long mount on ( which it needs ) and a piccy rail on, it came to just under 700 quid

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, BenBhoy said:

Have you used a pard008 stav? Be interested to see how the two compared 

Yeah, very similar in terms of mag and clarity, just my opinion but I would say the pard is better suited to rimfires, one thing I like about the sightmark is there’s no built in ir but that’s just a little thing that bugs me because the ir’s are never capable of what the scopes are, even the pard with its alleged illegal ir 

• Like 2