Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Well I wasn’t expecting this, I went to a local spot with Hugo’s dad for a bit of bunny bashing with the little 22, I took the .243 with me as after we had shot a few rabbits I thought we’d have a call for half hour, put the caller out with rabbit distress, within 2 minutes a fox appeared from nowhere, 40 yards to our right, it winded us  and made a run for it, to the bottom of the field, over a stream and into a ruff ploughed field, luckily it was crossing the plough and not walking down the ruts, when it got to the top of one of the ruts it stopped, Hugo’s dad was watching it through the thermal and said 179 ( don’t know if that was meters or yards ) a little whistle to turn it’s head an down he went, sent my mate for the retrieve, over ruff plough and a stream like a well trained spaniel ?

CCD5D839-9A6B-46D5-8EE3-0A0E624E31A2.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

How do you carry that big caller thingy mate?

My Foxpro has it's own bag to carry it in which I also use to place the caller on top to keep off the ground. It has pockets to keep spare batteries in etc and I always keep a carrier bag in there too in case it starts to rain , place the caller inside the carrier bag and carry on. 

20200818_003438.jpg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

But I haven't got any friends ?

A fella i know got a permission from answering an advert from an old boy needing help carrying all his decoying gear... 

Edited by BenBhoy
Not that I'm calling you an old boy!
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

I'm in Newcastle city, promised some shopping for her....it's awefull. I can't wait to get home. I miss my trees, the birds. I would rather roll around naked in the thickest bramble patch than stay here any longer. Some one HELP ME...

I feel your pain , Newcastle is a shithole full of people and every sort of scum you could wish to meet. I worked there for a lot of years and hate the place , give me the countryside any time. We have just been issued tighter restrictions in the Noŕth East  so it's off out rabbitting tonight ?

• Sad 1
4 minutes ago, David.evans said:

I worked in Newcastle for 2 years, and found the folk up there very friendly and polite , and never had a bad word said to me 

atb 

Yes mate the Geordie people are very friendly,  probably friendliest in the country. I just meant I hate cities as they are full of vermin and weirdos.  Where in the Toon did you work ?

• Like 1