Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Wouldnt think it was August,  I'm just waiting on darkness to pop out on the bunnies and its chilly here , jumper ,coat and hat required. 

I almost went to the sheep farm but looking at the weather tomorrow seems a better option 

Well last night was perfect rabbit shooting conditions,  dark and breezy ? I decided to shoot some fields next to the quarry which I haven't lamped yet and there was bunnies all over. I only shot 3 fields going round and round as the rabbits kept coming out. I shot a couple with myxy so will just wait and see if it gets a strong hold ? Final bag was 65 ?

20200829_005727.jpg

• Like 9

Back up at the shoot, still raining and as I came down the track a buzzard lifted with a poult, another 3 dead with their heads removed, I’ve lifted the wire and found one that isn’t going to make it on the up side they seem to be not far from the pens ?

0FEE6389-6421-44EF-A5D3-BABB15CC2C2F.jpeg

9B917012-896F-457B-BB5D-1F61738121E7.jpeg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Well last night was perfect rabbit shooting conditions,  dark and breezy ? I decided to shoot some fields next to the quarry which I haven't lamped yet and there was bunnies all over. I only shot 3 fields going round and round as the rabbits kept coming out. I shot a couple with myxy so will just wait and see if it gets a strong hold ? Final bag was 65 ?

20200829_005727.jpg

That's brought back memories!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Stavross said:

Back up at the shoot, still raining and as I came down the track a buzzard lifted with a poult, another 3 dead with their heads removed, I’ve lifted the wire and found one that isn’t going to make it on the up side they seem to be not far from the pens ?

0FEE6389-6421-44EF-A5D3-BABB15CC2C2F.jpeg

9B917012-896F-457B-BB5D-1F61738121E7.jpeg

The rain has a way of making everything look wretched. When it’s raining the birds are huddled under brambles and bushes and you think where are they all ? Then the sun comes out and the birds appear and everything looks a lot better. 
          I think you’ve done the right thing getting them out of the pen . ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

That's brought back memories!

That’s a randomish day up north, I don’t post about the rabbit sessions cos it feels like a pi55take when I know there are baron county’s!

its a hell of a bag and good going for fh on his tod 

this was Monday night for me and a mate, we couldn’t find a lot of them, it was a dog food session 

14764A1D-FF99-4862-B148-BE6F4EBD2E7E.png.521fb6b2022e9ad5550371a66684db19.png

• Like 6
35 minutes ago, si brown said:

That’s a randomish day up north, I don’t post about the rabbit sessions cos it feels like a pi55take when I know there are baron county’s!

its a hell of a bag and good going for fh on his tod 

this was Monday night for me and a mate, we couldn’t find a lot of them, it was a dog food session 

14764A1D-FF99-4862-B148-BE6F4EBD2E7E.png.521fb6b2022e9ad5550371a66684db19.png

We use to recently have such numbers and I supplied a game dealer every other weekend from September to March.

1 hour ago, Sausagedog said:

We use to recently have such numbers and I supplied a game dealer every other weekend from September to March.

Thing is unless your prepared to go out and get the number it’s a nightmare... I stink pot on home ground because I’ve got work.. it’s not viable where I live.

you can make it work for you where ther willing to pay