Back up at the shoot

That's annoying mate but will never stop. Police arent interested and you will never stop these people they do as they please always have and always will. Last year we had lampers lamping our ground in a logod motor with their phone number on it ffs ?‍♂️

• Sad 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, si brown said:

I wish the police did something like this up my way... all I’ve got is the local wildlife hero that won’t venture out at night cos he’s scared he gets his arse kicked!

i was on for a shot the other night, light was fading and foxy had snuck in under the radar, was sat down havin a good scratch.. ducked down behind the truck as an other truck was coming up the lane and I didn’t want lighting up!

stood up to take the shot and hoodine has gone?

good job there was a hedge between me and the road cos I wasn’t to impressed.. few coppers doing there job would put pay to these w@nkers 

Go the doctor's mate, that itch might be a sign of something serious!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

That's annoying mate but will never stop. Police arent interested and you will never stop these people they do as they please always have and always will. Last year we had lampers lamping our ground in a logod motor with their phone number on it ffs ?‍♂️

It’s a pi55 take:(

I’ll be out in the middle of a field and some fcuker will stick a lamp on you.. This is why I shoot the hares

32 minutes ago, si brown said:

It’s a pi55 take:(

I’ll be out in the middle of a field and some fcuker will stick a lamp on you.. This is why I shoot the hares

Dont blame you at all , I usually thin the hares out too just so they might go elsewhere .

• Like 1
18 hours ago, si brown said:

I wish the police did something like this up my way... all I’ve got is the local wildlife hero that won’t venture out at night cos he’s scared he gets his arse kicked!

i was on for a shot the other night, light was fading and foxy had snuck in under the radar, was sat down havin a good scratch.. ducked down behind the truck as an other truck was coming up the lane and I didn’t want lighting up!

stood up to take the shot and hoodine has gone?

good job there was a hedge between me and the road cos I wasn’t to impressed.. few coppers doing there job would put pay to these w@nkers 

Gloucestershire has a couple of rural crime officers. They are dedicated officers whose role is reducing rural crime , theft of equipment and poaching basically. 
                The success of the WhatsApp has been very good . If a dodgy looking vehicle is spotted, a picture or details are posted for all 200 or so members to see and keep an eye out for . The police are being really proactive and they share their success on the the WhatsApp, you very often see illegal coursers vehicles being seized and loaded on to a tow truck . Sunday mornings are the usual busy coursing times and the police are about and they are having an effect. But until there are serious fines imposed, they will just get new dogs and new vehicles and be out next week. All it’s doing is making it a bit harder for criminals to operate, but it’s not stopping them , they are just laughing at the system. 
         Check with your local constabulary Si , they may have a rural crime officer and there may be a WhatsApp group you don’t know about , if there is ask to be added . If there isn’t ask why not ? If you need anymore info or contact details of our rural crime officer to help you guys set up your own group PM me . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

We had a look round a place last night where poults and ducks have just been put down a bloody good job we did .Keeper said be lucky to see anything but heard that before as he’s a lazy fecker .

On the rape stubble i spotted a fox that materialised into 2 .A squeak had one running in but a call from a vixen somewhere saw it do a u turn mid run and back it went to join the other on the headland .
They were way out in the thermal ,only just distinguishable .

Mate with me is the best shot I’ve ever seen by a mile on any gun he picks up so when he said the shot was on I had no probs with it .Wallop ,and number one was down .The other stayed put and that too rolled over at the next shot .I carried on squeaking and another came through a gateway far corner ,sniffed the fallen on the headland then rooted out into the stubble a bit .No near to speak as K was good for it .Number three down and nothing else appeared for a while so we made in .Found all three easily and were just looking at them when mate says there’s another .Looking through the thermal it was a lot closer and number 4 joined the bag .3 from same litter plus vixen I’d say  .Cracking night .

0DC67784-14C0-4420-9916-4ADB9DAD676C.jpeg
Edited to say closest fox was paced back to the truck at 336 paces 

• Like 11

Fences on, feeders out and water on, all ready for the birds arrival at 6am Tuesday, the supplier has promised they will be box up on the morning and not done the night before 

oh yeah, and this little bugger has done my head in today, naughty little boy ?

9ED09FB2-8101-407E-B086-E0BE114C57EE.jpeg

EC9E8D10-64DE-46CB-B09B-B22103D12A49.jpeg

• Like 3

We are a bit further into the moors than stokesley, if you went on the moor road through stokesley towards Rosedale and went through Helmsley, that’s about where we are on a clear day I can see Helmsley from the back of our shoot ?

We are right on the top so most of it is quite flat with some gutters, we have created a couple of drives where we lift the birds early and stand the guns about 400 yards away and if the wind is right they take some hitting ?

• Like 1

Back up on fox patrol, hopefully we will dodge the rain as we came into the field we were greeted by a jet black fallow pricket, 10 minutes of calling and fox down, now I let Hugo’s dad take it and true to form it needed two because he back ended it ? I’ve just sent him to get it

7C94D724-B200-4126-A2B0-316EE42D928E.jpeg

• Like 1