Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

So I’m at work with my mate and his brother has just rang to ask if I wanted a bit of fox shooting, well obviously I said yes, it turns out it’s 200 acres of farm land 10 minutes from my house and I can shoot anything I want on there, only one rule is I can only go on my own, suits me, I told him I don’t know the difference between sh*t and guts and he said he won’t hold it against me as long as what ever is on the floor is dead, today has been a good day so far ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
45 minutes ago, Stavross said:

So I’m at work with my mate and his brother has just rang to ask if I wanted a bit of fox shooting, well obviously I said yes, it turns out it’s 200 acres of farm land 10 minutes from my house and I can shoot anything I want on there, only one rule is I can only go on my own, suits me, I told him I don’t know the difference between sh*t and guts and he said he won’t hold it against me as long as what ever is on the floor is dead, today has been a good day so far ?

Honesty is the best policy Stav ?

?

• Haha 1

One of my farms has just cut the barley so decided to have a look out on the stubbles.  1st stand I set up in a cut grass field which is on the edge of a wood and gorse banking and usually holds a litter each year. After calling for 25 minutes the 1st fox appeared which I shot at 100yds ? No more than 10 minutes later its sibling appeared which I shot but was a runner , I went to look for it and as I was scanning I spotted a 3rd so quickly ran back to my rifle and shot that one . I then searched for the second and found it some 70 yds away , shot a little far back but it was dead. So with 3 in the bag after about an hour I thought I would mix up the calling with some more unusual calls to try and get an adult,  it worked as a 4th appeared but sat out at 150 yds and wouldnt come in. I was steady on it but unfortunately a miss ?   So should have been 4 but happy with 3 .

20200810_020340.jpg

• Like 8

Different world up there mate .We are tripping over the fuckers here .Went out ratting last night on chicken farm and saw another 3 .Hopefully videoed one killing a chicken in the scratch area but was over very quick ,in and out like .Cant get enough of the nv ratting at the moment .Shot 854 in 2 months and mate about the same .

• Like 3