Back up at the shoot

2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Well done Bump , had a quick call up the shoot last night   and no foxes seen .Poachers out lamping though from the road . 3 caravans of vermin landed out the back of the shoot and 1 farmer has already approached them for coursing ( August for christ sake ) and got threatened. Looks like I will have to try and thin the hares out so they go elsewhere ?

Got same problem over my way.. during lockdown was worse cos there was no one about!

one of the farmers I shoot for called me and said he’d had a word with some and they threatens to fill him?

so I stink pit them... there was a hare day beginning of the year couple of miles from this place and they nobbled over 400 that day 

• Sad 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

2 hours ago, si brown said:

there was a hare day beginning of the year couple of miles from this place and they nobbled over 400 that day 

Must be heaving with hares your way , you must get plagued all the time. We have nowhere near those numbers.

When I was a lad there was an old railway freight liner over the back of my mam and dads house, ( prison built on it now ) we used to use it for our motocross bikes, the giprats would always stop off there on there way to Appleby horse fair to robbing everything they could ,putting a stop to our fun, they never stayed long because some of the local lads ? couldn’t wait to get in from school and go sniper style with the air rifle and shoot the windows out the vehicles, once they made a break for it leaving a caravan that no doubt they would come back for later, needless to say it had spontaneously combusted before they returned ?

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

When I was a lad all it took was a small group of naughty boys about 14 or 15 years old who didn’t give a sh*t and look at it as a bit of sport, there old knacker they were clip clopping about on was never a match for my RM250 and they would soon get sick of you letting their horses free when they were out on the rob

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
17 minutes ago, Stavross said:

When I was a lad all it took was a small group of naughty boys about 14 or 15 years old who didn’t give a sh*t and look at it as a bit of sport, there old knacker they were clip clopping about on was never a match for my RM250 and they would soon get sick of you letting their horses free when they were out on the rob

I seem to remember similar times in my salad days??

22 minutes ago, Stavross said:

We’ve got a horse fair in village where I’m from, they would rob anything... fcukers nicked all my lead n copper I’d saved from work one year?

got to point the pub shut shop while the fair was on cos of them fighting all time and sh1tin on the carpet ?

20 minutes ago, si brown said:

We’ve got a horse fair in village where I’m from, they would rob anything... fcukers nicked all my lead n copper I’d saved from work one year?

got to point the pub shut shop while the fair was on cos of them fighting all time and sh1tin on the carpet ?

Same thing happens around here in the autumn, there’s Yarm fair and stokesley fair, both are affluent areas and they are nothing but bother when they are here, most businesses shut and some people move out for a week

Getting this thread back on track..

Me & my eldest been doing few bits at the syndicate I'm part of. Always wish I had more time to do more, but always help keeping hoppers topped up. 

Finished mowing today, hope it stay dry now. Plan to be out silly o'clock tomorrow morning see if ??? are on it yet.

20200804_120206.jpg

• Like 7
2 hours ago, BenBhoy said:

Getting this thread back on track..

Me & my eldest been doing few bits at the syndicate I'm part of. Always wish I had more time to do more, but always help keeping hoppers topped up. 

Finished mowing today, hope it stay dry now. Plan to be out silly o'clock tomorrow morning see if ??? are on it yet.

20200804_120206.jpg

Love the boots...want some?

My granddaughter loves going my local gunshop/ country store as they sell sweets. It's a real chore ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

If you are paying in sweets I’m in ?

To be fair I'm doing her an injustice there; she needs zero encouragement or incentive to join me, whether its shooting or sheep related, she just loves helping me outside. Been saying for past 4 years "when I grow up im going to be an explorer!" ?

• Like 5

Farmer called to say pigeons on the barley , could I have a look. Well on arrival at the gate to the field a squizzer ran along the gate and up the hedge so I quickly grabbed my gun and ran up the hedge and managed to nab him ? Chuffed with that as I haven't had a squirrel in 2 years ...

There was no woodies about to speak of so went for a wander in the blistering heat. Managed to bag 5 species for 5 shots so well satisfied with that ?

20200806_132015.jpg

20200806_151939.jpg

• Like 8