Back up at the shoot

6 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Sat up a high seat at the moment, knocking some more tree rats over with the 22 . I’ve had five so far . Just been sorting out the water in the main pen . I’ve been running acid through the pipes to clean them out and I’ve got an hour or so to kill before lunch. Nice weather and I can almost see the maize growing after that rain . Life’s good .?

09DDDD4A-B39C-43BE-AB03-DC373D6CCE34.jpeg

That looks like a place you would want to be on a warm sunny day, the problem I have with a good high seat is I tend to fall asleep in them, I find the older I get the more I nod off in random places ?

• Haha 4

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Last night saw me having a call in a recently cut grass field , I did manage to pull in a fox but it never hung around for a shot ? Very still evening with nothing else about except Mrs Tiggywinkles....

20200623_235024.jpg

? Don’t tell this lot on THL , they’ll have it wrapped in clay and tossed in the embers of their campfire and wash it down with Tennents super . 

• Haha 5
52 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

? Don’t tell this lot on THL , they’ll have it wrapped in clay and tossed in the embers of their campfire and wash it down with Tennents super . 

Haha I was "told" once if I pref thl to other forums I "must be a piķey or a chav"!! Haha ? 

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Yep , rather you than me in this heat ...

Aye its a bit much. I was sorting lambs through, but I've packed in before me, the dog or the woolys drop dead. ??

• Like 2

Well, by early afternoon it got to much for me, not so much the heat more the flies, it’s the worst I’ve seen it up there, still I got a bit done so I’ll just keep pecking away at it, everything has shot up over the past couple of weeks, some parts I took the quad the grass and bracken was up to my shoulders. One other random thing was when I pulled back into the yard I stopped to see the old girl as she was hanging her smalls out, when she said “what’s that in the field” it was a bloody big peacock ? that’s the first time I’ve seen one of them up there and I’ve no idea where it’s came from, buy the time I’d found my phone in the box on the quad it had buggered off into the woods

I had a sit under a tree for 10 minutes while I was up there and got to day dreaming about the season and what it will be like to see them birds coming over these trees and how many I’ll drop from the sky ( in my head it was raining pheasants, reality is a lot different)

974D2174-038C-48F6-861E-FA99CAE11AC0.jpeg

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

I had a sit under a tree for 10 minutes while I was up there and got to day dreaming about the season and what it will be like to see them birds coming over these trees and how many I’ll drop from the sky ( in my head it was raining pheasants, reality is a lot different)

974D2174-038C-48F6-861E-FA99CAE11AC0.jpeg

You need to get into them roe near your shoot stav, was on me way home early on this morning and one walked across the rd near wass turnin.. I wasn’t hangin about and she was in no rush to get out of the way???

• Like 2