Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

On 14/06/2020 at 23:00, BenBhoy said:

That'll do for another 10 year that! 

With all that string, a £12 bucket of barbed wire would have been cheaper. 

Bet the missus wouldn't like that in your jean pockets.

Edited by Alsone
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, Alsone said:

Bet the missus wouldn't like that in your jean pockets

Nah, she has that around her knickers to keep me out!

Edit : not that they'd fit me, be too big around the arse!

Edited by BenBhoy
  • Haha 3

Back up shoot this morning cutting rides through the gorse , christ I was knackered. Good news though as the resident barn owls have finally nested in the owl box , hope I catch a glimpse of the youngsters when they fledge. 

• Like 4

That’s a task I keep putting off, not much gorse but some thick patches of small trees and bushes and I need to cut a few rides through a couple of plantation blocks because you can’t get through with all the dead lower branches, I can’t wait ☹️

• Like 1

Sat up a high seat at the moment, knocking some more tree rats over with the 22 . I’ve had five so far . Just been sorting out the water in the main pen . I’ve been running acid through the pipes to clean them out and I’ve got an hour or so to kill before lunch. Nice weather and I can almost see the maize growing after that rain . Life’s good .?

09DDDD4A-B39C-43BE-AB03-DC373D6CCE34.jpeg

• Like 5

Well I finished the session with 9 . When I gathered them up I looked at my bare arm and felt something moving on my skin , and noticed my arm covered in fleas . I’m now itching on my legs and arms , and I’m bitten to f@ck ??? I just got home and my Mrs wants to treat me with Frontline!!! Cheek of it !!

F5867632-966F-4EA1-860D-792F1E74E806.jpeg

• Haha 6
34 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I reckon we are overrun with them this year . I’ve had a few sessions on them over feeders and it drags them in from far and wide . Top a feeder up , give it a week and sit there and shoot away. 

Great sport.