Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Baldcoot said:

Wow where do you get those giant black arrows ,my foxing will improve no end if theyre followed by giant black arrows :lol:

Joking aside nice to see your shoots going ahead and young Hugo,s earning his climbing frame with some good old fashioned Victorian child labour .

Our Partridge,s are wiley as a fox and will run away rather than fly ,they must know the "no ground game rule" 

We have nowt but bother with them bloody black arrows, pointing out where all the game is to the predators ?

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

Stav, I found an earth yesterday. Shamefully right under my nose!

Most my pheasants are gone! Bloody things!

You must vent your anger on the ginger bugger ?

mat the minute up at the shoot, it’s the crows that are hitting the pheasant eggs hardest ☹️

• Sad 3
1 minute ago, Stavross said:

You must vent your anger on the ginger bugger ?

mat the minute up at the shoot, it’s the crows that are hitting the pheasant eggs hardest ☹️

I smoked a high local crow yesterday on that wind, it felt oh so gooood ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was thinking about going and sitting around the barn tomorrow where the crows are hitting the pheasants along a fence line with the little .22lr, there about half a dozen dropping into the grass and walking along the fence, there was easily 25 broken eggs along a small section of fence today  ☹️

• Like 3

Well I manage to execute 3 of the egg munchers, took the missus with me. Never again, doesn’t like walking, doesn’t like the smell, doesn’t like things buzzing around her ( who does ) doesn’t like the countryside. Jesus, I’ve got a head ache ? we did see a lovely head of fallow, 7 in total, only managed to get a picture on my phone

52E76706-05D9-4CB4-ADA5-A4D3F35E1FD9.jpeg

DF9845F7-7DBE-4DB8-8F14-5CA1C1D80D3D.jpeg

7D30A05F-3134-4695-B87B-692435AFD345.jpeg

• Like 5
2 hours ago, FOXHUNTER said:

Just back in from a wander round our shoot , haven't been up since lockdown. Saw a few bunnies and a barn owl which is always nice to see.

20200525_193852.jpg

20200525_195931.jpg

Any linnets in that gorse?