Back up at the shoot

54 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Post and wire fencing today out in the sunshine, bloke said he had a tractor if I wanted to load the old posts on to take up to the farm, this wasn’t what I was thinking ? I’ve got no idea how to drive in

EA295D20-0217-4059-91AD-E66B09D13455.jpeg

5B5AC108-36EB-44D6-ADC3-DE6C1C80F45B.jpeg

Drove some right medieval heaps of shite when I was younger and doing walling on the moors, things have changed now?

custom paint jobs the lot?
image.jpg.a329955a05e4068fe5affce4889dd75b.jpg

• Haha 2

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, si brown said:

Drove some right medieval heaps of shite when I was younger and doing walling on the moors, things have changed now?

custom paint jobs the lot?
image.jpg.a329955a05e4068fe5affce4889dd75b.jpg

Well I gave it a go for about 50 meters, give up and used this ?

98315816-DB51-46E4-BF5D-18416AC20750.jpeg

42 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

If you are like me I’m not that keen on shooting my own birds . I would be (now you are self employed) looking to sell the day and pocket the cash . If money isn’t the issue how about a raffle on here for charity?

Money not a issue because it doesn’t cost me much and we do a charity shoot now and then, I was thinking maybe someone could offer a shooting opportunity or fishing in return for a days pheasant shooting, if I was to sell the day it would go for between £80 and £120 depending on if it was stand all day or shoot 1 beat 1, so that’s not a lot of money for where we shoot, I’ll have to have a think about it, I’ve plenty of time before January

• Like 4

Two cubs from the shoot, these were mooching along the edge of a small stream, there was a third that disappeared into the cover and the vixen was at the top of the track but went to ground, but two is a start, I’ll be up there Friday to see if I can bag a few more, I’ve left plenty of rabbits around the shoot on rides, so hopefully I can just hang around them and wait for them to come to me ?

( p.s. these were shot with the .17hmr mouse wrecker )

27B693B8-804A-4859-8D47-2319ECA8FD0C.jpeg

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, Sausagedog said:

What was the distance Stav?

Good job your doing, get them mopped up before the birds turn up.

The bottom one was very close, maybe 25-30 yards, top one was a little further, maybe 50

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Alsone said:

You shouldn't have got the .223 out to that lower one. Gives mouse guns a bad name. People will be shooting rats with them next after seeing that.

There would of just been 4 smoking paws ? if I shot them at that distance with the .243 ??

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Stavross said:

There would of just been 4 smoking paws ? if I shot them at that distance with the .243 ??

I’ve been getting bait for the fox trap and also having a play with the .243 . It’s not the best tool for the job , I’ve shot a couple of pigeons which I literally couldn’t use . There was an area of about 10 sq mtrs  covered in bits . 

• Haha 3
18 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

I’ve been getting bait for the fox trap and also having a play with the .243 . It’s not the best tool for the job , I’ve shot a couple of pigeons which I literally couldn’t use . There was an area of about 10 sq mtrs  covered in bits . 

It’s ok if you are shooting them in the area you want to bait, because it spreads them far and wide, a bit like putting cat food out ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

When I use to shoot crows with a 6mm I use to see their two wings go off twirling in the air. The 70g TNT's were mustard.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Nothing to do with any of this but thought I’d share it anyway, last week I put some fake grass down at a day nursery in a place called  guisborough, now this place is opening for NHS workers kids and now they can’t go outside until we lay it again at more cost to the owner and half a days wages for me as it wouldn’t be right to charge them again, I wouldn’t want to be whoever took it if the owner of the nursery’s find out who they are, he didn’t build his empire by being nice to people, TW*TS I hope they get what the deserve?

DCB134D8-9C4A-49AF-AA34-BDE65909C124.jpeg

4DB76AE7-32EE-420C-B8C9-B8B55AD7E0C8.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2