Back up at the shoot

I keep my fingers crossed for you all and hope it works itself out 

will I didn’t see them cubs again, so after shooting them a few more rabbits I’ve headed back to the farm, just in time to watch and listen to the woodcock flighting out to feed, I’ve shot a couple more half grown hoppers around the veg patch and a crow that was raiding the pheasant nests, the field is littered with egg shells ☹️

369FC12E-6E3A-4815-A7FE-128902A6C6CF.jpeg

25E0F670-4DDB-4753-B8AD-CD2CC23CE408.jpeg

B1DF17A2-2338-482F-BC4A-253D298AC531.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

If you haven’t heard “ a country boy can survive “  by Hank Williams jr I suggest you all give it a listen . It’s now on my iPhone and I stick it on in the truck on the way to work. It’s lyrics are quite apt for today’s uncertain times . 
         Stick in there guys and remember 

75453661-B0E0-473C-A5E8-889E1885807F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

If you haven’t heard “ a country boy can survive “  by Hank Williams jr I suggest you all give it a listen . It’s now on my iPhone and I stick it on in the truck on the way to work. It’s lyrics are quite apt for today’s uncertain times . 
         Stick in there guys and remember 

75453661-B0E0-473C-A5E8-889E1885807F.jpeg

Do you grow your own tobacco? ?

10 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

I'm sure I read someone grew some on their allotment? 

Another good tune is swamp music by lynyrd skynryd? Dunno if that's spelt right ?

My Grandad used to grow his own tobacco, I remember it drying in his shed , he used to like a good shag ?

• Haha 4
52 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

4.30 this morning thought I would look for a buck , saw nothing except vixen and Cubs on neighbouring ground. Did manage to get a glimpse of a lapwing chick...

20200520_045733.jpg

Them lapwings love you ( probably more than us).

Post and wire fencing today out in the sunshine, bloke said he had a tractor if I wanted to load the old posts on to take up to the farm, this wasn’t what I was thinking ? I’ve got no idea how to drive in

EA295D20-0217-4059-91AD-E66B09D13455.jpeg

5B5AC108-36EB-44D6-ADC3-DE6C1C80F45B.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just sorted out the shoot days and it looks like I’ll have a day to offer in January, If it comes off I wouldn’t want any money for it but would like something in return, does anyone think this is a good idea, or should I just sell the day or shoot it myself 

12 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Just sorted out the shoot days and it looks like I’ll have a day to offer in January, If it comes off I wouldn’t want any money for it but would like something in return, does anyone think this is a good idea, or should I just sell the day or shoot it myself 

If you are like me I’m not that keen on shooting my own birds . I would be (now you are self employed) looking to sell the day and pocket the cash . If money isn’t the issue how about a raffle on here for charity?