Back up at the shoot

On 17/05/2020 at 10:11, Stavross said:

Well it’s the first time I’ve ever had one run after been hit with the sako 70gr chucked at it from the .243, it was dead running, but run it did, straight down the field and onto next doors land, I hang my head in shame and take full responsibility for the shot placement 

Your name isn't Jurgen by any chance is it,  And you want to apologise for your conduct in the fox shooting department.? ?

On 17/05/2020 at 12:37, FOXHUNTER said:

I wouldn't worry about it either , seen them run loads of times even with a perfect shot. 

Yep,  I've had them opened up like they've been hit by a Stanley knife, run across a field, stagger and then drop. On the very odd occasion we've had to go out and get the dogs to find them. But the round that I now use has never failed to stop on the spot.

• Like 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

So I went back up to where I shot the chicken muncher last light, the lad on the farm next door trapped 2 cubs and I shot 2 last night that were mooching around the sh*t pile, no pictures because it wasn’t pretty with the .243 at less than 70 yards but a job that needed to be done ?

• Like 8
11 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER said:

More shooting for me as had the bad news today of being made redundant. 

Bad news mate, I’m sorry to hear that, hopefully something good will come to you when all this madness is over with, I lost my mechanic job at the start of this and I’m now self employed, a bit more skint but a lot happier, take a bit of time to see where life takes you next ?

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, Stavross said:

Bad news mate, I’m sorry to hear that, hopefully something good will come to you when all this madness is over with, I lost my mechanic job at the start of this and I’m now self employed, a bit more skint but a lot happier, take a bit of time to see where life takes you next ?

Told the site to stick there job last week stav and took a leaf out of your book!

should of done it years ago?
todays office:)

94E75628-D819-4645-ACB4-2E936ABA5850.jpeg.f95f6f7463683799c69c87c269ad2f44.jpeg
and I can shoot the fox’s hear as there sick of the dogs rolling in the sh1t?

• Like 5

It’s the way forward si, I’m doing all sorts now, bit of fencing this week and laid 200 square meters of fake grass last week 

I have more time to myself now, so Ive came up to the shoot to sort a few rabbits out, I’ve just had a walk around shot a rabbit, went to pick it up and 2 cubs jumped up out of the wheat in front of me, I don’t know who was more shocked, me or them, theses are near the earth I found at the weekend, so a pile of rabbits should keep them entertained for a day or two until I come back

117C7223-3550-4DA2-B62F-D6DDB863A2A4.jpeg

E3485A4C-2E3C-4F75-BADE-395E294B8780.jpeg

• Like 4