Back up at the shoot

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Up at the shoot first thing this morning, bird scare tape up around the pens, elec fences on and tested, water on and drinkers tested and adjusted, water butts filled again over the piggeries, I had l

Well our first shoot of the year went well. It was cold but dry and a bit of sun appeared. Bag was 122 head comprising of 57 duck 56 pheasant 7 partridge and 2 pigeon. My own contribution wa

It’s been frosty the last couple of mornings, it’s very welcome , hopefully it will kill a few bugs . Unfortunately the Maize and cover crops don’t like it and they will soon be unviable as a drive .

Posted Images

Mate and I went to a place other side of Bristol from me ,to help a lady out who lost 40 lambs last year .This year she lost 2 with Matts help .We lead on top a container and scanned with the pulsar .Three adults accounted for with the 223 

62CB9F19-9FC6-4DB9-AEAE-C0234B7E5386.jpeg

• Like 8
3 hours ago, Stavross said:

Well it’s the first time I’ve ever had one run after been hit with the sako 70gr chucked at it from the .243, it was dead running, but run it did, straight down the field and onto next doors land, I hang my head in shame and take full responsibility for the shot placement 

Had me first runner with the 6.5 on Thursday night, it’s was last knockins with the scope... had to shout it to stop as it had busted my mate and dived into my side of the hedge, new I’d hit it but it bolted through hedge!

my mate said it made 100odd yard then started cartwheeling in the wheat field, didn’t feel good but went down and one less piglet thief we’ve had five off there in last couple of weeks. 

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Love these keepering posts .Keep the pics coming .Trapping pics the lot ,love it .

I love taking a few pictures when I’m up there, it doesn’t all have to be shooting stuff, it’s nice to have a picture record of how the area changes with the seasons ?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Stavross said:

I love taking a few pictures when I’m up there, it doesn’t all have to be shooting stuff, it’s nice to have a picture record of how the area changes with the seasons ?

Few photos of stuff alive and kicking stav?
could of prodded this girl? the lockdown hasn’t been good, not seen my lass in weeks, screen shot of a vid

DDD1712E-1EA0-4D5F-A21B-FE15F5489829.png.8882ddb9a84f487dd37144a1c2ea70ab.png

living in danger.. this was next to an Earth I’ve been keeping an eye on!

264EA079-1BCB-409F-82B7-DAFAA10FADA3.jpeg.0f7ae9eddb1a3bbfc3f6bcaf0cf598ed.jpeg

wast thinning out last night, mum watching over, only 20yrd away..

recon she’ll be moving house today 

B50CD0E8-391D-4DE1-A3BF-5316ADCB3E45.png.549aac53f5b09f36c0c7f8cee54efcd5.png

and the work bus looking over the edge of the moor

70234538-0763-4E4D-9D3D-1DF680FA7E98.jpeg.2c73ac8ad568d158be698221763b7d77.jpeg

• Like 7

The things we see when we are out, most will never see, one of the many bad thing to come out of this lockdown sh*t is people have had more time on their hands and have been enjoying the daily exercise, a gentle walk in a green space. Now they have a taste for it and are allowed to go a little further a field the top of the moors was covered in them yesterday and today, like ants in Berghaus, I had to scatter a few of them from around the farm, looking like this it wasn’t to hard of a task ?

7E899B98-1136-4166-8C42-D641B169DE90.jpeg

• Haha 5
2 hours ago, David.evans said:

Get much from that seat SL ? 

It’s good for the morning, you can get in there before first light and watch the wood come to life . Muntjac, Roe and Fallow get on the feeders  and there is the chance of Charlie using the track . It gets dark too early in the evening.

• Like 1