19 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

? Certainly has Mr Tea Pot.? Got a lot of sound advise from Glenn. Actually, that snare in the video Is one of Glenn's I think. Still have one or two of them left. 

He gave me some when me and woodga paid him a visit,amongst other things. Certainly is a knowledgeable chap.

Have you got his mink snaring video/dvd?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well I don't have mink in my area unfortunately but I get to talk to play my of folks who do. Actually one of the main guys who is really known for mink snaring was talking A bout it the other day on

I know you guys snare fox and rabbits but was curious is y'all snare mink any ? It's become a bit more popular of here in recent years, talked to some who say they prefer it to connies or footholds be

Posted Images

1 hour ago, MR TEA POT said:

He gave me some when me and woodga paid him a visit,amongst other things. Certainly is a knowledgeable chap.

Have you got his mink snaring video/dvd?

Yea I have his mink snaring one. Never saw the fox snaring dvd. I heard it's very good 

On 22/05/2020 at 07:55, EDDIE B said:

I mainly use 1/16th cable. I've used 1/64th in the past, which has a nice low profile, but not as strong as the 1/16th. I've never had a mink get out of or twist off either type snare. Lock wise, I'm using Lo Pro locks. I like them a lot. Very fast lock. We can only use relaxing locks here, so limited to what we can use.

I was wondering about that ! Most people over here would think it crazy to use a relaxing lock on small critters like mink but you have to use what your allowed a reckon.  What twist cable are you using ? 7x7 or 1x19?

22 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

A sorry lad.

They are a nice neat and solid little lock. Think they are made by Dacotaline 

20200522_183642_copy_2592x3456.jpg

DAKOTA LINE SNARES is the place lol. The snare shop and most otherssupply house sell them pretty cheap. I've need with them on 5/64th 1x19 and they do a great job at live catching. Caught a ton of hunting dogs in snare with them and never had one choke down. Even in bad entanglement. 

Screenshot_20200523-104627.png.3e8292942ad265c682e2e7ee784f235c.png

I will ask though are you buying them forget from the U.S.? Or is their somone importing to the U.K ?

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Wolfdog91 said:

I was wondering about that ! Most people over here would think it crazy to use a relaxing lock on small critters like mink but you have to use what your allowed a reckon.  What twist cable are you using ? 7x7 or 1x19?

For the most part I use 7x7, but I've also used snares made from 7×19 cable. They were sent to me by a guy from the US for me to try out. He's an excellent mink snarer and those snares  are fast. The cable is very stiff, which would be frouned upon by many, but when fired, those snares close with a snap. Caught plenty with them.

Lopro's! Can't find a supplier here, so get them from the US. I get most my stuff from Gerald Schmitt, but have got stuff from several suppliers over there. Gerald is a nice guy, and a true trapper, so I like to give him some of my business.

Shipping used to run high at times when purchasing stuff from the US, but in recent years our postal system have a depot in the US, so things work out a little cheaper through them, especially smaller orders. Fifteen quid for parcels up to 15kg. Get away with customs a lot more too through them.

Edited by EDDIE B
6 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Is that address pal Eddie? 

Yea I find it very good lad, especially when buying from shops that don't post to Ireland. Just use the American address, and they send it on from there. A lot of American sites do free postage to anywhere within the US, so just have to pay An Post fee

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, Wideboy said:

I’ve only used it in England, never thought about US 

I got an item on ebay recently. It was in the US, (could not be got here). When i did finaly find one, they were looking for over forty quid shipping. No way was I paying that. The item didn't cost that. Switched over to my Address Pal address, and it cost  a fiver to deliver to Address Pal, and fifteen quid to get it to here.  Cut the shipping in half

• Like 1

I got a trappers basket sent over from FHA Canada, they gave me a great discount ,  i paid more for  import duties than the cost of the basket,hey add the cost of shipping to the value of the item they pay the duty then charge you extra for paying the duty before they deliver to you

5 hours ago, myersbg said:

I got a trappers basket sent over from FHA Canada, they gave me a great discount ,  i paid more for  import duties than the cost of the basket,hey add the cost of shipping to the value of the item they pay the duty then charge you extra for paying the duty before they deliver to you

Canada can work out expensive. My Mrs has a friend there, that has helped us out a few times with getting stuff over

7 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

Canada can work out expensive. My Mrs has a friend there, that has helped us out a few times with getting stuff over

i should have been there 3 weeks ago, i was going to bring all sorts back

10 hours ago, myersbg said:

i should have been there 3 weeks ago, i was going to bring all sorts back

It's on my bucket list. I'd love to go there. Try pick up some sauvageau bodygrip pans if your over there. I like them a lot.

8 hours ago, EDDIE B said:

It's on my bucket list. I'd love to go there. Try pick up some sauvageau bodygrip pans if your over there. I like them a lot.

Met the bloke that owns that company last time i was over there