Scouser - Coursing Dog

24 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

I didn't pal but I spent time with the Tolney lane lot from.mid seventies to mid nineties I still buy me winter meat from end of Tolney lane at crowdens knacker yard I had meat business there for a decade I knew a good few lads old Hughie Weaver Gypsy Jack the Callendines and the black Gypsys Devon Watson and Roy Porter were all good friends along with a good few more 

They were a good lot unlike many today lads you could trust ?

I knew those guys ,moved from Newark 20 years ago but still have family there.  Great times growing up around that area. Me and Dickie C used to spar regular back in the day. 

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bitch is direct out of him and no a lot of men with dogs out of him he produces to good 

One i have today ?

Proper scouser then. 

Posted Images

• 6 months later...
On 14/05/2020 at 18:19, mC HULL said:

The believe none you hear half you see is correct 

but you definately don’t get out what you put in 

I’d rather use a dog I’ve seen 100 percent but it has to be well bred 

if you running hares it’s hard work and the lines constantly producing good hare dogs are we’re you want to go 

same as them Americans with the pit dogs a dog out the pound or a cross you have made is never going to beat a pit dog bred from generations of pit dogs 

a lot a bummed up but if they quality happy days a lot a lads have good dogs on here from razor bred to the hilt bummed up But but good dogs on ground 

bulldozer bummed up put good dogs on the ground plenty of footage dog can defo knock them over bred quality aswell 

when you have a type breeding to type you don’t try reinventing the wheel 

Exactly. I’ve been around bulldogs my whole life( Bulldogs = American pit bull terrier). And its the same stuff. Guys saying things like I don’t need no pedigree. Or I’ve seen dogs that cost $50 make those pretty pedigree dogs look stupid. All I do is laugh when people say things like that. For some reason they can’t wrap their  heads around the fact that it’s possible for people to take performance and pedigree into consideration when buying or breeding the dogs. Name any of the best breeders who used what they bred and every single one of them has bred to a dog based only on how it was bred. The key though was that it was a dog from the family they have been breeding for the past 15 plus years and personally saw the dogs in the first four generations of the dog chosen for its pedigree. There were many top dog men that never worked any of their females used for breeding. Breeding untested dogs isn’t something I would recommend for a person who is just starting out or even someone who isn’t breeding a family of dogs that they have years of hands on experience with. When a person was the one who has bred the parents, grandparents, great grandparents, and so on of the dogs in there yard they can get away with breeding an untested dog every once in a while 

• Like 1
On 14/05/2020 at 20:55, poxon said:

That last bit hit me about how I have become to see the beddy lurcher world....when you have a type breeding to type you don’t try reinventing the wheel....that’s true words there fella noticed this with the bedlington lurcher hybrids once you get type dont jump back to the beginning With a f1 Go with a type that’s the same that’s mowing every thing down type bred to type bred only go back to a f1 when the chapter needs new blood an only breed out the best of that breeding to put back in to the type breds Down the road. All these dudes in the bedlington x game are crazy always wanting a f1 Peas in a pod finished article stuff lol  then they cry they can’t get Find one when they want a pup Due to poor quality beddys. type bred the way forward none of this reinventing the wheel stuff with a f1 the wheels already in motion 

There is not a single successful breeder of any type of working dog who is serious about what they do and has proven over the years they can produce dogs who. Have the ability to compete with the top competitors of there chose work, that doesn’t take a dogs pedigree into consideration when deciding whether or not they will use the dog for breeding. 

just in case my post sounded like I was disagreeing with. I just wanted to say that I agree with you completely 

• Like 3
On 15/05/2020 at 02:55, Bearfoot said:

All the  best haredogs I've ever seen were unkown  breeding all capable of 5out5 all off them in January .

Okay. Can you tell me all the great performance dogs these unknown pedigree dogs produced. Because I’m willing to bet if there owners were planning on using them for breeding if they proved that they were actually worth breeding then I guarantee you that they knew how the dogs were bred even if they said they didn’t 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 29/01/2021 at 17:54, dean1 said:

Any recent pics bosun ?

Hi Dean,

Sorry for the late reply, i don't get on here much these days.

Here's a couple of recents but i could do with better photos of her at 10 months.

She's not the biggest bitch, about 23"/24" but i wasn't after any bigger tbh.

She's the craziest pup i've ever had. Infuriating and brilliant all in the blink of an eye. Very 'feline' in her mannerisomes, very playful to the point of hating her.

Her recall is better than any pup i've owned but her retrieving training is a nightmare, she just wants to play with anything thrown and i'm on the verge of giving up! She's almost feral and would sleep in a muddy puddle and spends her time destroying my hedges and hunting garden birds.

All that said, at 4 months she ran, jumped and caught a winged pigeon and retrieved it like a gundog. At 8 months a hare accidentally jumped up in front of her and she bent the hell out of it over a bloody big field before loosing it (thankfully) in a wood and came back looking for the next!

I've just started her on the lamp and at night she's a different dog, acting like a made lamp dog, not the daft puppy she is by day.

But given the time of year and the current situation, its gonna be a slow start for her. Not that i'm bothered, i really like her and forsee a bright working partnership. ?

20210208_110642.jpg

20201225_100257.jpg

1 hour ago, tatsblisters said:

Cracking looking dog and goes to show how the early breeding still comes through in these dogs all these years later.

True words,...sometime with lurchers/running dog types etc,.. things often go full circle and the old originals return?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Hi Dean,

Sorry for the late reply, i don't get on here much these days.

Here's a couple of recents but i could do with better photos of her at 10 months.

She's not the biggest bitch, about 23"/24" but i wasn't after any bigger tbh.

She's the craziest pup i've ever had. Infuriating and brilliant all in the blink of an eye. Very 'feline' in her mannerisomes, very playful to the point of hating her.

Her recall is better than any pup i've owned but her retrieving training is a nightmare, she just wants to play with anything thrown and i'm on the verge of giving up! She's almost feral and would sleep in a muddy puddle and spends her time destroying my hedges and hunting garden birds.

All that said, at 4 months she ran, jumped and caught a winged pigeon and retrieved it like a gundog. At 8 months a hare accidentally jumped up in front of her and she bent the hell out of it over a bloody big field before loosing it (thankfully) in a wood and came back looking for the next!

I've just started her on the lamp and at night she's a different dog, acting like a made lamp dog, not the daft puppy she is by day.

But given the time of year and the current situation, its gonna be a slow start for her. Not that i'm bothered, i really like her and forsee a bright working partnership. ?

20210208_110642.jpg

20201225_100257.jpg

8 month old impressive get a good one they your laughing  just let pup keep knocking stuff up it it soon start bagging up atb 

• Like 1