Scouser - Coursing Dog

1 hour ago, juckler123 said:

Lovely hounds them pal and the penny round collar bless ya that would be lost on the lads of today ?

Ace pic that are they sisters or mother and daughter ?

mother and daughter, the old bitch is off old b and t saluki flash, the pup is from the litter above to whippet sire, they were fast and  aggressive and could stick for small dogs. 

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My bitch is direct out of him and no a lot of men with dogs out of him he produces to good 

One i have today ?

Proper scouser then. 

Posted Images

Just remembered another little story from them lads juckler. ...

There was another big rum fella...who's name is can't quite  remember. ..think he was bull farm way...

Anyway he was always bragging any way this particular day it was about his net making skills...so one of the lads bet him £30 he couldn't knit a 100 yard long net in a week. ..so he gave the lad a load of twine and draw cord and the bet was on....so the bragged set to work and sure enough the 100 yarder was completed. ..he must have done 8 hours everyday. ...so the lad congratulates the bragged and hands over the 30 quid...and the bragged hands over the hand made net ..knitted in a week. ..he never realised he'd been stitched up...

I'm sure the Bragged name was pete somthing....but not pete w

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
On 23/05/2020 at 15:01, TOMO said:

Just remembered another little story from them lads juckler. ...

There was another big rum fella...who's name is can't quite  remember. ..think he was bull farm way...

Anyway he was always bragging any way this particular day it was about his net making skills...so one of the lads bet him £30 he couldn't knit a 100 yard long net in a week. ..so he gave the lad a load of twine and draw cord and the bet was on....so the bragged set to work and sure enough the 100 yarder was completed. ..he must have done 8 hours everyday. ...so the lad congratulates the bragged and hands over the 30 quid...and the bragged hands over the hand made net ..knitted in a week. ..he never realised he'd been stitched up...

I'm sure the Bragged name was pete somthing....but not pete w

Pete Orson 

Right here's another the Orson's weren't well off I once saw his old man gut a shushie with young in it they went in the chip pan he said they were better than scampi and that's the truth pal ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I learnt a lot regards judging working hounds from that family I had a real good deerhound grey from Newark and I met petes brother in the town one day he said nice bitch and first thing he did was feel front legs for callouses he said bitch had done a lot of graft that was something that stayed with me ...

I have another tale about Pete I can't tell it involved a large game species that was too heavy to carry and a certain hall near us pal ?

Happy days for sure ?

• Like 1

I remember nets the lads knitted back then they had them.down to a fine art four strand long nets that would catch better than the single strand I can remember kneeton when four nets would get dragged down the Trent bank with so many rabbits in them ?

I believe kneeton held the record for many years local even better than traveling to saltfleet the dales  etc 

I bet there is not many rabbits there now we used to get caught pegging by the airodrome security but they always let us get on with it ?

Times have changed wildlife has changed and it ain't for the better I know from posts you have great permission Tomo make most of it and never take it for granted I know you wouldn't but thought I'd say it bud  ?

40 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

I remember nets the lads knitted back then they had them.down to a fine art four strand long nets that would catch better than the single strand I can remember kneeton when four nets would get dragged down the Trent bank with so many rabbits in them ?

I believe kneeton held the record for many years local even better than traveling to saltfleet the dales  etc 

I bet there is not many rabbits there now we used to get caught pegging by the airodrome security but they always let us get on with it ?

Times have changed wildlife has changed and it ain't for the better I know from posts you have great permission Tomo make most of it and never take it for granted I know you wouldn't but thought I'd say it bud  ?

Yeh did a bit off pegging at Kneeton myself back in the day....I can almost see Kneeton from my house..I'm just two villages away. ..walked along that bank from East Bridgford to Kneeton a good few times in recant years...nowt there now...bloody shame I tell ya...

• Like 2

Used to be lifting didn't it pal I reckon keepers and bullet guns did their damage and disease too I remember you lived near there I still walk opposite banks in winter on my own and think on what it used to be like kneeton was first place I learnt to call hares in when they were too wise to get a slip on long time ago now ?

Edited by juckler123
41 minutes ago, juckler123 said:

Used to be lifting didn't it pal I reckon keepers and bullet guns did their damage and disease too I remember you lived near there I still walk opposite banks in winter on my own and think on what it used to be like kneeton was first place I learnt to call hares in when they were too wise to get a slip on long time ago now ?

Oh the riflemen av done more damage to the rabbit numbers than diesese thats for sure ?

Billy's where a problem back then too can imagine the amount now though one mammal that was safe on those steep banks ?

You seen that Billy set at kelham Tomo can see difference in the wood from roadside they reckon it's been there since Roman times many a terrier paid price in there I never hurt black n whites but used to watch em in summer most I've ever seen in one place was there and set went all through that hillside farmer there used to keep an eye on them. 

Have ended nights watch by making noise and amount going back to ground was deafening ...

Good hares on flat land in front and loads on hills behind ?

Edited by juckler123